Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Superb that but I’d have thanked the paramedics first surely?! Either way - class!

He did and in the comments they mention the members of the public who helped. 

Edited, again, I see what you meant 😂

Edited by Groundhog63

Watching Man City & Liverpool is frightening.

Liverpool didn’t really break sweat against us and it was only good shot stopping that prevented that being 3 or 4.

They’re on a different planet to everyone. Benzema is single-handedly dragging Real Madrid close but without him they’d not be laying a glove on City in the Semi Final.

Guest HTT II
24 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Watching Man City & Liverpool is frightening.

Liverpool didn’t really break sweat against us and it was only good shot stopping that prevented that being 3 or 4.

They’re on a different planet to everyone. Benzema is single-handedly dragging Real Madrid close but without him they’d not be laying a glove on City in the Semi Final.

They are by far the best two teams on the planet, but in knock out competitions, anyone can win/have a chance.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

They are by far the best two teams on the planet, but in knock out competitions, anyone can win/have a chance.

Aye. In the league though I think it’ll be a while before 3rd place get within 10-15 points of them.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye. In the league though I think it’ll be a while before 3rd place get within 10-15 points of them.

Aye, agreed, they are so far ahead and Diaz for LFC looks ready made for them and will just add to their potency up front.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Throw in the fact Man City will actually sign a striker too…ouch. :lol:

Reportedly Haaland… 

48 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It happened less than 12 months ago. Football is a funny game. Watch Haaland flop and Spurs win the league.

17 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’ve got flop Vibes from Haaland, not even joking 

Don't think he fits City's style at all.

If I were Pep I'd got for Lewandowski for a couple of seasons until Alvarez is ready.

Guest HTT II
21 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’ve got flop Vibes from Haaland, not even joking 

He could be LFC Torres or the Chelsea version. He’d suit LFC better than City IMO.

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Same here, so… we agree on something? A new era is born. 

I'm sure we agree on plenty of things that don't involve our respective clubs. :lol:

Wild theory, the same reason it took a while for people to accept that Kane was a world class striker - because something about them makes them look like they should play like an absolute donkey. 

26 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Wild theory, the same reason it took a while for people to accept that Kane was a world class striker - because something about them makes them look like they should play like an absolute donkey. 

Guilty.

I thought Kane would be a one season wonder. Still get ribbed about it with my mates.

Haaland will not flop, despite not being suited to Man Citys style of play. Guy has delivered everywhere he's been and made it look easy. Only way he fails is if injuries ruins his explosive pace.

Absolutely. If he manage to maintain his goals per game in the PL, even for Man City, that would be an achievement and indicate he is still developing as a player. Depends how you define flop I guess. If you expect him to come in and score 30 league goals every season, he could very likely flop. If you expect him to get 20+ league goals I think he'll deliver. He has the potential to exceed expectations and score 30+ as well imo.

5 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Andy Robertson's fitness and athleticism is crazy.

They’re an incredibly fit team. Even more remarkable given how many of the squad are apparently asthmatic.

Guest HTT II

Hope Real smash City and then LFC and City and Chelsea beat them too to the league and FA Cup.

Guest HTT II

I think my boy’s team are on PEDs [emoji38]

904-EEFBB-1599-4121-A22-A-F86043-F32-F16

Win at the weekend and they win the league!