Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I think the Crawley thing shows that football will basically never blow the whistle on itself, ever. How many coaches were seeing that treatment every single day and saying nothing. It’s a proper secretive and weird industry 

John Barnes said when he played, in the dressing room his own manager and team-mates (he wouldn’t name them) were more racist and abusive than fans towards non white players and said foreign players got it even worse and homophobia was worse than the racism. I get the whole dressing room culture being with the lads, I mean on our vans it can be brutal, but we never overstep the mark. I’ve seen young coaches at under 9 call young refs nonces and dads threatening other parents and a young lass ref a few weeks back was told to stick to washing dishes, the game brings out the absolute bad in some people. Look at that little shit who pissed on the Stokoe statue.

6 hours ago, HTT II said:

They are by far the best two teams on the planet, but in knock out competitions, anyone can win/have a chance.

And that's the reason why we don't have straight knockouts in European competitions. Straight knockout, random draw home or away is the most fun and unpredictable format but it turns out what's best for fans isn't what's best for the cartel of richest clubs, or the organisation in cahoots with them. I'm sure Liverpool and Man City fans will not agree, which tells you all you need to know.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, ohmelads said:

And that's the reason why we don't have straight knockouts in European competitions. Straight knockout, random draw home or away is the most fun and unpredictable format but it turns out what's best for fans isn't what's best for the cartel of richest clubs, or the organisation in cahoots with them. I'm sure Liverpool and Man City fans will not agree, which tells you all you need to know.

Aye I’d do away with the group stages personally and restore it back to its old European Cup format. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Heron said:

What's the reason for that hefty gap between the pitch and the fans at Madrid? 

Redevelopment.

Guest neesy111
6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Homage to Madrid’s heritage 

That heritage is a bit misplaced tbh.