Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’m sure other clubs do too. No proof but it is highly irregular to maintain this level of intensity, especially players who are over 30/near 30. I’ve never seen it at elite level, they are in like 4 competitions, no Injuries, no drop offs in energy? It’s just not really rationally possible imo 

There’s no proof then bar message board whispers? 

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Is it not just the advancements seen in sports science along with the stringent detail every inch of footballers lives are now monitored?

It’s not entirely unusual that James Milner can run faster now than Neil Ruddock could in 2002.

It’s not much different as to why world records tend to keep being broken as the years go on.

Aye, athletic world records that we now know were set juiced to the gills are still being broken because of 'improvements in sports science'.

Edited by Jackie Broon

I remember Asenjo was always considered a decent keeper and was the starter last season. I have no idea why this Rulli has replaced him. The boy is consistently unconvincing and cannot even catch the ball.

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’m sure other clubs do too. No proof but it is highly irregular to maintain this level of intensity, especially players who are over 30/near 30. I’ve never seen it at elite level, they are in like 4 competitions, no Injuries, no drop offs in energy? It’s just not really rationally possible imo 

The difference in the intensity and quickness of play amongst the top sides is incredible compared to ten or so years ago, tbh. I saw someone mention 20 years, but you do not need to go back that far. It is not just Liverpool, but they are a glaring example of it. Their entire style of play comes off as amphetamine-inspired. :lol: 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Maybe but I think it’s incredibly naive that people don’t think it’s rife in football when it’s rife in every other sport.

Remember that Russian WC team? That’s the first time I thought I saw legit doping, and it ended up being doping. I feel the same way about these. The margins can’t be that high, they simply don’t tire. You can’t out diet age, it’s not possible. 

But surely if that was the case any elite club would be all over it and not just Liverpool? 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Maybe but I think it’s incredibly naive that people don’t think it’s rife in football when it’s rife in every other sport.

Remember that Russian WC team? That’s the first time I thought I saw legit doping, and it ended up being doping. I feel the same way about these. The margins can’t be that high, they simply don’t tire. You can’t out diet age, it’s not possible. 

It probably does occur in football, aye in isolated incidents. But there’s no way the whole of the Liverpool team are being doped like :lol: I don’t think it’s anywhere near as rife as is being spoken about.

Your earlier point regarding injuries is a moot one when they had one of the worst injury lists last season. Do they only dope on alternate seasons?

Why on Earth would the teams not doping allow it to happen without causing a fuss about it? 

Just now, ManDoon said:

It really does, I get that there are medical advancements but Liverpool are absolutely relentless. Mane and Salah both went to the AFCON ffs and are bursting with energy. 

Salahs looked tired lately 

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

It probably does occur in football, aye in isolated incidents. But there’s no way the whole of the Liverpool team are being doped like :lol: I don’t think it’s anywhere near as rife as is being spoken about.

Your earlier point regarding injuries is a moot one when they had one of the worst injury lists last season. Do they only dope on alternate seasons?

Why on Earth would the teams not doping allow it to happen without causing a fuss about it? 

You’ve got to cycle on and off the gear otherwise it doesn’t work.

Is it true that Liverpool's players drink some special isotonic drink created by a guy called Mark Warnecke? Lots of news articles from a few years ago suggesting so.

He's got quite a suspicious CV like. Getting Dara Torres to swim faster at 41 (and after having a child) than 20 years previously? She was also asthmatic.

I've never paid much attention to it, but this team just look juiced. Pretty much no serious injuries ever also

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

It’s a sport where absolutely millions are on the line, and every other sport has issues with it, but magically football doesn’t? I don’t see how that is feasible at all. 

Testing is a complete joke in football it would be very easy to skate it. Other teams? Well no one in cycling did when Lance was doing it. Canelo is a drugs cheat in boxing and no one is calling it out. You’d have to prove it/and have a clean club yourself 

But what about the injuries that both you and Sean have said Liverpool never get, which they got tons of last year?

Surely it’d be very easy to prove - a simple drugs test. Unless you think every single club in world football is at it? Why wouldn’t we for example raise a concern about it? Or is Chris Wood on a special brew?

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

You’ve got to cycle on and off the gear otherwise it doesn’t work.

I don't think that's true, people cycle to try lessen the health and other impacts of long term continuous use, particularly of the more toxic steroids.

But there's unlikely to be a big advantage from anabolic steroids in football, the advantage would come from stuff like EPO or an undetectable equivalent, of which there are allegedly many.

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Freak injuries always happen like the one van Dijk had but I would be expecting more muscle injuries considering their play-style and the minutes some players are playing.

That said, knowledge about muscle recovery has to be much better now than it was when Kieron Dyer got one every two months. Also don’t like the blaming without any evidence but must admit it’s a bit suspicious.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Freak injuries always happen like the one van Dijk had but I would be expecting more muscle injuries considering their play-style and the minutes some players are playing.

That said, knowledge about muscle recovery has to be much better now than it was when Kieron Dyer got one every two months. Also don’t like the blaming without any evidence but must admit it’s a bit suspicious.

A majority of their injuries were muscle injuries, IIRC.

A quick Google search gave this list:

Curtis Jones - Eye

Naby Keita - Foot

Roberto Firmino - Hamstring

James Milner - Hamstring

Harvey Elliott - Ankle

Sadio Mané- Rib

Andrew Robertson - Hamstring

Jordan Henderson – adductor

Ozan Kabak – muscle 

Maybe they didn’t have their drugs that day.