Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

6 minutes ago, Decky said:

City will absolutely batter Villa next weekend. 

Not sure tbh, that's a tricky fixture now. Momentum is a big thing and they really should have sewn the title up today.

7 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Nah, title race will take priority.

Sky only care about the relegation if the title race is over.

They normally spread them across the channels don't they?

So Liverpool, City and maybe our game will be shown?

It really is a huge goal for Leeds, but that said, I'm not sure who I would rather be between the two, probably 50/50 when the updated odds are out. Leeds have the point advantage (which may actually be enough), but Burnley have the game in hand, GD advantage, and a home game to play - think I'd possibly still rather be Burnley, but that Leeds goal makes it much more interesting and keeps it going to the final day.

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

They normally spread them across the channels don't they?

So Liverpool, City and maybe our game will be shown?

If they did have 3 matches then they would probably have the team who's hands survival is in, and Burnley could win 3-0 but could still be academic if they lose in midweek, so if Burnley lose in midweek I think Brentford vs Leeds will get priority, especially with Leeds being by far the biggest team of the two in contention (assuming Everton get at least 2 points in the coming days).

If Liverpool don't beat Southampton in midweek then they could prioritise relegation more, and just have the City match and showing them taking the title. 

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

It really is a huge goal for Leeds, but that said, I'm not sure who I would rather be between the two, probably 50/50 when the updated odds are out. Leeds have the point advantage (which may actually be enough), but Burnley have the game in hand, GD advantage, and a home game to play - think I'd possibly still rather be Burnley, but that Leeds goal makes it much more interesting and keeps it going to the final day.

Said for the past week I reckon it all comes down to our result on the final day. Saving or condemning Leeds. 

Can’t see Everton not winning one of their 3. If they win today they are safe. 

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Said for the past week I reckon it all comes down to our result on the final day. Saving or condemning Leeds. 

Can’t see Everton not winning one of their 3. If they win today they are safe. 

Yeah, forget Everton, they were like 12/1 even before today's results. 2 points from their next 2 home games will see them safe with a game to spare, just need 2 points from final 3 matches, and to be honest, they may even stay up if they lost all 3, as it would mean Leeds having to beat Brentford, and Burnley getting 2 points from their final 2 matches.

I've been wanting Burnley to win for weeks, but I'd probably rather Leeds stayed up, so in hindsight, I wish I hadn't [emoji38]

Sky presenter "Phil Jagielka have a look behind you, look at all those flags"

There's about 5 in that immediate shot (though tbf more than that all around)

I know it's not a competition but when I see what other clubs do in comparison to Wor Flags I can't help but feel we are so lucky.