Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It was a training exercise. :lol: on another day it's a cricket score and Rashford scores 6.

Means absolutely nothing for the weekend as you say. Rashford will be well up for that. 

I have to say. I do actually admire your optimism and positivity. I’d be pretty down and a bit worried if a starting XI of that quality scraped a late 1-0 against a side as poor as that. 

Maybe this place can learn a thing or two from you in the matchday threads :lol: 

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Just shows how low the standards amongst Man United fans are these days.

Just shows how high Newcastle fans think of themselves criticising a team in a competition they would kill to be in. 

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Just shows how high Newcastle fans think of themselves criticising a team in a competition they would kill to be in. 

So no Rochdale or Hartlepool fans should ever criticise a Premier teams performance. Don't talk cack man.

Edited by madras

14 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I've said I'm not sure we will get a result at OT. Tell you what I am sure about... the trajectory of our two clubs. Trying sleeping at night with that thought spinning around your head. :lol:

Little old Newcastle are about to leap frog you in the next 2 or 3 seasons. Not sure how you will cope.

5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Maybe not before playing them as that's tempting fate. In theory we should lose against Man United but we did well against City and Liverpool. 

In theory it's a game I wouldn't bet on the result and I bet purely with my head. I've won loads over the years backing us to lose at Old Trafford, Anfield, Arsenal and Man City.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Are Freiburg the real deal, like? Having a great season domestically and winning emphatically away from home in Europe too.

They’ll probably tail off but they’re pretty much a model run club that’s currently cresting a wave. Manager has been there over ten years IIRC too. There’s a good Copa90 film about them if you can get past the horrific fella that presents them permanently walking to camera.

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Cringe. By your logic, when we play shite, fans of lower league clubs shouldn't talk about it even amongst themselves.

Leicester vs Palace (tomorrow, 12.30) also looks good to me. Leicester are one of my favourite teams to watch - a lot of good attacking players, but also vulnerabilities at the back, which often makes for some exciting matches. There's been 39 goals in their 9 matches thus far, the 2nd only behind City, and most of Cities are one sided beatdowns.

Hopefully Brentford can bounceback and get something tonight, and a big performance from Ivan.