Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Goals are only supposed to be ruled out for accidental hand balls if it's the same player that actually scores it?

So like Rashfords was "correctly" (the rule is a load of bollocks, mind) ruled out, Scamaccas should have been, but this shouldn't have as it wasn't the scorer who might have just touched it with his hand? 

Or brings the ball under control and creates the chance.

13 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Spot on, @The College Dropout. I'm curious to see if Lampard has the ability to overcome his current tactical limitations as a manager. He definitely has the want and is invested in Everton as a club. 

As an aside, were you aware of https://wyayescout.com/, Kev Lawson? It got him a gig at Statsbomb and was on the Pod on the Tyne this week. 

No never come across that but looks very interesting - thanks for sharing. From what i can tell this is right up my street - will dig in to this.

Few top managers are good losers.

Arsene Wenger became a good loser because his team fell off but in his pomp he was terrible.

There is something particularly arsey about Klopp mind. I remember Man U had a couple years finishing 3rd and 2nd under SAF. The end of that latter day Keane to RVN era and they weren't it after dominating the previous decade never going more than 1 season without winning the league. I don't remember SAF acting all prickly like this.

Although tbf the media scrutiny is worse these days. In those days you had newspapers, journalists and a few TV shows. Now it's a 24/7 media stornm.,

29 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

What’s this IRA song the Irish lasses sung last night?

"Up the Ra"? 

Not quite their "no surrender" because a song about fighting centuries of colonialism isn't the same as a song about combating decades of terrorism but, either way, probs not a good look singing it in the changing rooms. 

Edited by Groundhog63