West Ham United 1 - 1 Newcastle United (19/02/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, neesy111 said:

Difference in defence on the ball is stark.  Helping us to keep the ball etc.

We look much more comfortable and relaxed. More so, we seem clearer in the head to look to do something in the ball when we have it. It's completely night and day.

Really pleased for Murphy today, he's having a  good game. ASM won't be missed quite as much if he can continue this for the next couple of weeks.

I think thiae years under Bruce had us fooled into thinking if ASM isn't playing we are going to lose. This is a totally different team now, we aren't so one dimensional.

How the hell have we gone from struggling to string that many passes together against Villa despite being solid, to bossing the game for large spells away to West Ham. :lol:

Anything less than a point from this game will be gutting at this rate. 

5 minutes ago, Smal said:

Take back everything I said about moving Willock or Joelinton wide. Murphy has been very good at progressing the ball today.

Eddie Howe is a better manager than me, who knew.

In fairness to you, it's not something we're used to as NUFC fans to have an astute manager

1 minute ago, hakka said:

How the hell have we gone from struggling to string that many passes together against Villa despite being solid, to bossing the game for large spells away to West Ham. :lol:

The stat is very flattering imo. West Ham has been happy to let us keep the ball in our own half, and we've been happy to keep the ball there. Kind of weird as you'd think West Ham should be desperate for a win.