Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

2 hours ago, Menace said:

Pardew was an obnoxious twat - Bruce was an entitled twat that acted a victim all the time. I'd much rather Pardew.

Bruce claiming his Geordie roots while.at the same time badmouthing 'his' fellow Geordies was absolutely patrionising cringey stuff.

There was nothing worth hating by the time Bruce arrived at the club. Ashley had already seen to that a long time beforehand. I saw it as a tragi-comedy.

And boy was it funny.

Genuinely can’t get my head round how people stayed engaged during the Bruce years. I was helped by having a baby during that time so it made it easier to check out 

Bruce was far far worse than Pardew , Bruce was just a patronising bone idle lazy bastard happy to run the club he supposedly supported into the ground on behalf of Ashley, Pardew for all his faults was just a limited manager, I don't think anyone could ever accuse him of being bone idle or lazy and just fucking off on holiday whenever he fancied . At least we did also have a couple of decent seasons under him and he never pretended to be anything other than what he was . The weird thing is Pardew got way more stick than Bruce at games which I have never understood.

Edited by Geogaddi

Pardew absolutely did pretend to be something he wasn’t, that was his modus operandi. He was a complete snake constantly making up excuses for his own failings. With the right manager we’d have been a consistent top 8 team with those players season on season yet he spent his entire time trying to sell them in the press and go on about how we couldn’t compete with anyone. He called himself “the king” for fuck’s sake. He’s one of the most arrogant people in football when you compare it to his ability. Total charlatan who had precisely zero ability as a manager because all he cared about was himself. Should have been in politics 

He even had a large percentage of the country thinking he was good enough for the England job. Now that would have been a sight to behold.

This thread should be enough for those thinking Eddie needs replaced to very quickly change their mind.  Barring a brief Rafa break we endured 14 years of wilderness football.  This season is seen as shite despite Champions league football, 2 canny cup runs and potential top half/European finish. Fickle motherfuckers man. 

On 16/03/2024 at 08:19, gbandit said:

Genuinely can’t get my head round how people stayed engaged during the Bruce years. I was helped by having a baby during that time so it made it easier to check out 

Yep, I completely checked out after Rafa left and Bruce was the replacement. Can't believe people found the strength to stay on after being absolutely cucked by Mike Ashley.

Didn't give two shits about Bruce. The last years under Pardew I hate-watched our games, supporting whoever we played against.

I wanted Pardew to lose.

"I would like to think we were very well organised, difficult to beat and play against."

I'm sure he would like to think that, but the stats say otherwise.

image.thumb.png.bf361a1f8caf24658c76cf9524d1f34d.png

7 hours ago, Unlucky Luque said:

The last years under Pardew I hate-watched our games, supporting whoever we played against.

I wanted Pardew to lose.

That was such a weird era... I could never quite get onboard with either stance.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

We were class like. These spells were the best. 

D L L L D L 

L D L L D L L L L L L

L L D D D L D

L L L D L D D L L 

This feels like a hate crime 

Bruce worse than Pardew for me. A lot of the same negatives but he gained a new level of hatred from me for the 'local boy' bollocks, acting like he genuinely cared on a personal level. It made him being a charlatan much less palatable than Pardew for me.

International breaks are fucking boring, aren't they?

Bruce and Pardew shouldn't even be in the same conversation. Bruce is next level mercenary, sell your granny for a quid, grade A twat.

Edited by Heron