Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

4 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

It's quite funny seeing Edwards, who claimed we hadn't done sufficient good transfer business in January to stay up, now claim that we're only staying up because of the transfer business we did in January. 

He’s an absolute bellend. No credibility whatsoever. 

42 minutes ago, wormy said:

Cheeky Luke mixing it up with not giving a flying fuck about Bruce. Makes a change from conveniently being on holiday or el vino. 

Or claiming he had COVID after we were sodomised by Brighton last season.

I enjoyed Brucey's post match comments last week after they finally won a game. Even in victory, he comes across like a classless buffoon.

Livermore, apparently, had a good game after missing the last few games through suspension. "...he owed us that after getting sent off like a prick, but there you go! I can say that about Jake, because he’ll take it the right way!”

Notice the crass language, and the chummy, matey, "I'm just one of the lads" banter! Notice also, that he still subtly spreads the blame for the last few performances onto Livermore for not being available.

One of their star players in that game was from a rising youth player that their forums have been clamouring for him to start. Until now, however, he'd been ignored by Bruce (since he'd no doubt never heard of him). This is from the Birmingham mail;

“I have to say ... the young kid, just did the trick for us."... The young kid Bruce is referring to, of course, is Taylor Gardner-Hickman.

“He does what a young kid does - he gives you that vital ingredient which is enthusiasm,” Bruce reasoned. “I was pleased with him, he’s been knocking on the door for a while, certainly in the month I’ve been here in training....He has given us a little something else in the middle of the pitch.”

Vital ingredient...a little something else in the middle of the pitch ... only been here a month ...

Mostly interesting that the Birmingham mail needed to spell out Gardner-Hickman's name, since it seems clear that Bruce probably didn't even know that.

In fact, it's apparent to me that not only does he not know who he is but he couldn't even explain what he did, just roughly whereabouts on the field he did it.

I'm so happy he is gone - now I can just enjoy the comedy of watching this prize plum dimwit his way around the middle of the championship.

27 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I enjoyed Brucey's post match comments last week after they finally won a game. Even in victory, he comes across like a classless buffoon.

Livermore, apparently, had a good game after missing the last few games through suspension. "...he owed us that after getting sent off like a prick, but there you go! I can say that about Jake, because he’ll take it the right way!”

Notice the crass language, and the chummy, matey, "I'm just one of the lads" banter! Notice also, that he still subtly spreads the blame for the last few performances onto Livermore for not being available.

One of their star players in that game was from a rising youth player that their forums have been clamouring for him to start. Until now, however, he'd been ignored by Bruce (since he'd no doubt never heard of him). This is from the Birmingham mail;

“I have to say ... the young kid, just did the trick for us."... The young kid Bruce is referring to, of course, is Taylor Gardner-Hickman.

“He does what a young kid does - he gives you that vital ingredient which is enthusiasm,” Bruce reasoned. “I was pleased with him, he’s been knocking on the door for a while, certainly in the month I’ve been here in training....He has given us a little something else in the middle of the pitch.”

Vital ingredient...a little something else in the middle of the pitch ... only been here a month ...

Mostly interesting that the Birmingham mail needed to spell out Gardner-Hickman's name, since it seems clear that Bruce probably didn't even know that.

In fact, it's apparent to me that not only does he not know who he is but he couldn't even explain what he did, just roughly whereabouts on the field he did it.

I'm so happy he is gone - now I can just enjoy the comedy of watching this prize plum dimwit his way around the middle of the championship.

Very good breakdown of Bruce's relentless stupidity. I particularly liked how you highlighted his cringey attempt at humour re Livermore.

Actual quote from Bruce about Carroll taken from his post match interview

'I have to say that he has looked fitter than I've seen him and I've had him for the past two and a half years. That's great'

How he managed to keep a straight face is beyond me

10 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

It's quite funny seeing Edwards, who claimed we hadn't done sufficient good transfer business in January to stay up, now claim that we're only staying up because of the transfer business we did in January. 

He was on Pod on the Tyne the other day saying how he was pleased Chris Wood had got his first goal after he'd missed chances previously! He then said he hadn't seen the match because he doesn't watch illegal streams.

Hans' joke about how he probably doesn't actually watch football seems to be pretty on the money tbh.

Wish someone had asked him what the chances Wood had missed were.

Edited by Kid Icarus

32 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’d pay to see Edwards play football. I know it’s a bit Chad to say “only people who can play should comment” but you just know the guy couldn’t trap a bag of cement 

Reckon it's similar to Matt Hancock

Guest HTT II
On 13/03/2022 at 20:33, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Neil Custis and Luke Edwards playing heads and vols would be worth the cost of a Netflix subscription on its own.

Only if they were doing it with their own heads…

2 hours ago, stlouismag said:

Today's Fulham match is on ESPN+ over here. Hopefully will have a nice after work treat to enjoy. :tobey:

It's on Sky Sports here

Wanted to watch Man-U/Atletico but the prospect of watch Bruce lose is so appealing 

39 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

It's on Sky Sports here

Wanted to watch Man-U/Atletico but the prospect of watch Bruce lose is so appealing 

Watch Atletico/Man U circa 91/92 and watch Bruce lose twice at the same time. Though that's probably too stimulating.

Edited by Wolfcastle

3 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Bruce doing his media stuff where he shouts loud on the touchline so the TV people pick up on it.

"up up" Encouraging his team to "engage the opposition further up the field" where on earth could he of gleaned that idea from ?

Edited by RUHRLYASLEEVESUP

He's shifted to a back three of late which appears to be paying dividends.

I will say, even on days like these where they have the momentum it's not fun to watch. They really do move at a slow speed.