Roman Abramovich

Pokerprince2004

1 minute ago, Toon No9 said:

So Abramovich sells the club for £4,2B and makes no money from it? So who gets the money?

Roughly half to charity and half goes to the club to improve the stadium/womens team/ infrastructure/ signings.

10 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Roughly half to charity and half goes to the club to improve the stadium/womens team/ infrastructure/ signings.

Is that true?? 

12 minutes ago, Manxst said:

So they are paying themselves to develop stadium/womens team/infrastucutre/signings. How the fuck is that fair?

5 minutes ago, LV said:

Is that true?? 

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

So they are paying themselves to develop stadium/womens team/infrastucutre/signings. How the fuck is that fair?

That’s what I thought it was- might be mistaken. I had it that the club itself was approx £2.5bn but the buyers had to agree to add the further £1.5bn for the stadium redevelopment which had been valued by Roman, and then he’s just recently out an extra £250m on the price for some reason. Or the selling firm has, anyway. The loan from Abramovich has just been written off and disappeared. 

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

How did they make that price up?

Is that a fair market value?

Then our new sponsors must be allowed to pay in the region of the same amount!

“According to Mark Kleinman, those who remain in contention for the acquisition of the club have been told that they must commit at least £1 billion to future investment at the Blues.

This will include investment in the squad and the redevelopment of Stamford Bridge, with binding offers needing to be submitted by the middle of April.

As well as this Raine will be assessing the bids on a variety of factors, such as the price and their future commitments to spending.”

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/news/remaining-contenders-for-chelsea-takeover-told-to-commit-at-least-1-billion-to-future-club-investment

maybe I’ve got it wrong, but I’ve put this guaranteed £1bn+ investment as part of the purchase price. But it might be added to the price. I’m not sure. 

You can’t just decide to sell half your club to yourself and then spend it all on transfers and infrastructure.

If that’s true, they are paying 4.2billion but get 2.1billion in cashback. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

“According to Mark Kleinman, those who remain in contention for the acquisition of the club have been told that they must commit at least £1 billion to future investment at the Blues.

This will include investment in the squad and the redevelopment of Stamford Bridge, with binding offers needing to be submitted by the middle of April.

As well as this Raine will be assessing the bids on a variety of factors, such as the price and their future commitments to spending.”

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/news/remaining-contenders-for-chelsea-takeover-told-to-commit-at-least-1-billion-to-future-club-investment

maybe I’ve got it wrong, but I’ve put this guaranteed £1bn+ investment as part of the purchase price. But it might be added to the price. I’m not sure. 

Think you’ve got that wrong. I read that as just needing to provide evidence/assurances that the money is there to support that level of spending.

I always assumed they were paying 4.2 billion for the club. The 4.2 billion was going to then go to charity. Then the additional 1 billion required to win the deal for the master planning is above and beyond to show willingness and commitment to the project. 

6 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

How could Chelsea be worth £4,2B and Newcastle £300M?

Who makes theese valuations?

It’s worth what anyone is willing to pay 

23 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Think you’ve got that wrong. I read that as just needing to provide evidence/assurances that the money is there to support that level of spending.

Maybe? 

18 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I think it was 2.5bn for the club itself, 1.75bn committed for infrastructure etc. Which is where the 4.25bn came from.

This is what I thought too. 

Loophole City here [emoji38]

Can literally do what the fuck they want and talk their way out of it in court, should it ever get that far. They've set the bar, we just need to ignore all of the FFP rules and argue about it later if we're pulled. Sign the deals, sign the players and litigate the absolute fuck of things if need be. If rules can be completely ignore to this extent then they're not worth a fuck in the first place, they're either important or they're not. Other clubs are bypassing them and so should we, fuck it.