sunderland

Big River

13 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

I forget about that club for months at a time.. all my negativity in life is still directed towards Steve Bruce to be honest.. but my god are they a toxic bunch on that board. I mean, this thread is usually somewhere on the first or second page of this board, but it has quiet spells thankfully.

They post about us more than they do their own club.

Both times I've thought that about some creep on that thread its panned out like that. Secret Visage's previous 15 posts when I checked them out - 3 were about his club. 2 nothing to do with football. 10 about NUFC. Including a post about Elliott Anderson on loan at Bristol Rovers which warranted a third of the attention he had given his own club lately.

On 22/04/2022 at 13:46, Chris_R said:

I can imagine them all joylessly crunching their way through their dessicated Yorkshire puddings, mouths as dry as the Sahara. Sunday dinners must be fucking delightful on Wearside. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

mackems lose on Tuesday vs Rotherham and Sheff Wed draw their game vs Fleetwood, all four teams battling for the 3 play off places will be on 80 and it’ll be decided on the final day by who wins by the biggest margin :lol: GD’s of +25 (mackems) +25 (Plymouth) +24 (Sheff Wed) and +23 (Wycombe).

That absolutely needs to happen.

10 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

mackems lose on Tuesday vs Rotherham and Sheff Wed draw their game vs Fleetwood, all four teams battling for the 3 play off places will be on 80 and it’ll be decided on the final day by who wins by the biggest margin :lol: GD’s of +25 (mackems) +25 (Plymouth) +24 (Sheff Wed) and +23 (Wycombe).

That absolutely needs to happen.

After "If Carling made Sundays" yesterday, would it not be better for Rotherham to beat Yaxley-Lennon FC by 3 clear goals AND Sheff Wed beating Fleetwood? Just for the bantz on RTG 

22 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Only 1 player in the League 1 Team of the Season. I wish they’d do a combined NUFC/SAFC XI on RTG like they used to.

We'd just have Bruno, Trippier, Burn and Targett in along with 7 of theirs, but they'd caveat it by saying the first three don't count because of Saudi blood money and Targett isn't ours anyway.

The level of hatred on there is so unhealthy like, Jesus Christ :lol: Just absolutely filled with loathing and jealousy masked in the flimsiest moral indignation imaginable.

The idea that they would walk away from Sunderland for any reason is laughable, yet that's the moral requirement they deem fitting for us.

Until they deal with and accept that if the shoe was on the other foot they'd be the same, they're signing themselves up for a life of endless jealousy, anger, and frustration.

Like loads on our side though, because they think of Mags as the other - as opposed to ordinary people who act in largely the same way they do, it'll never click with them.

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Like loads on our side though, because they think of Mags as the other - as opposed to ordinary people who act in largely the same way they do, it'll never click with them.

It really is a phenomenon like.

Football just brings about this tribal hatred and either side can't accept we are all the same, just support a different club.

Ahh fuck, I've just spilt me morning cuppa gravy down me toon shirt.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I definitely think there is larger social forces at work though. Having lived in the midlands, baggies fine, wolves fine, blues fine, but Villa fans have very different way about them that’s hard to quantify.

Equally with Sunderland, people on here have said they are cool until our name is mentioned and something just overtakes them.

I don’t recall the study as it’s been like years but I remember learning in psychology they ran a study where they fake simulated a guy getting his head kicked in wearing a rival team (geographical) and no one stopped to help him. Which is insane, in reality. 

I think that's more a description of the problem with tribalism than something unique to them. We have plenty that are like that. Every set of supporters will have something unique about them because nothing grows in a vaccuum, but the way each trait is used as a way to think of every fan group as a monolith is something we should have thought beyond years ago tbh. Love the rivalry and stuff, but when people hold onto the bitterness and anger long term and start being totally consumed by it, it stops being funny for me. 

I love football rivalry and think it’s so unique to football it’s class. Nowt better than a stadium full going back and forth with class jibes etc.

Can never understand why anyone would want to boot someone in, purely because of the team they support. 

Same goes with how much anti-NUFC they are on RTG. Desperate to not be ‘Mag-like’, so much so they’d rather watch their club sink into administration than take any action.

Just bizarre, tbh. 

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah that’s fair, I have to be honest I really enjoy the bitterness during the season/matches and it’s prob not great but a bit of hatred in a context of a match isn’t a terrible thing. I think it is problematic when it spills over into normal social interaction. Like “mag at work” etc. Like I’m friends with a lot of Villa fans, it’s when it crosses that boundary I think it’s an issue 

Yeah definitely. The way I think of it is that when say a Sunderland fan is sound until it gets onto the subject of Sunderland or Newcastle, it's because they themselves are working with this idea of a stereotype in their minds who they're now arguing with. Look at how Neil was getting spoken to on here yesterday, with all these weirdos going on like he was someone else they have in their head. It's proper infantile :lol:

That's the good thing about RTG I think, even though I don't think the people on there are like all Sunderland fans at all, it really is almost a monolith on its own where so many of them massively live up to the really funny stereotype of Sunderland fans.

Looking on there now though you can see that a few of them are heading towards mental breakdowns, they're just absolutely consumed with loathing. 

It’s also the monomania. We talk about the thread dedicated to us, well, the numbers are astonishing but every forum has a thread like that about their rivals. But conversation about us bleeds into everything they talk about, usually by the end of the page. They’ll be talking about a reserve keeper or something and yet only ever one or two posts away from some deranged comment aimed at Newcastle United

Edited by Hovagod

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah agree, it was weird to see Neil treated that way, as much as I personally will enjoy Everton going down, it was very stupid and out of order.

Yes RTG is very unique example even among rival fan bases imo. I would love someone to do a study on that place. It reminds me of incel forums, and right wing spaces. It’s almost radicalizing on there. Any “I don’t really hate Mags” is shouted down immediately. Replace “mag” with like “black” and it’s really the same stuff. 

I’ll enjoy Everton going down, but won’t go crazy if they do, or be upset if they don’t! But Neil getting grief on here for being an Everton fan and even Froggy is daft IMO. Fans can be right dicks, but those on RTG are on another level. They are hinged and I’d question the sanity of a number of them. I’m all for banter and piss talking between rival fans, but you’ve got some loser Exile on there stalking anything NUFC related and retweeting the same bile 24/7, it’s mental [emoji38]

Edited by HTT II

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah agree, it was weird to see Neil treated that way, as much as I personally will enjoy Everton going down, it was very stupid and out of order.

Yes RTG is very unique example even among rival fan bases imo. I would love someone to do a study on that place. It reminds me of incel forums, and right wing spaces. It’s almost radicalizing on there. Any “I don’t really hate Mags” is shouted down immediately. Replace “mag” with like “black” and it’s really the same stuff. 

Aye, I think most 'communities' (ugh) end up like that kept unchecked, even the seemingly innocuous ones. There's a YouTube channel on it called People Ruin Everything, that looks at how each fanbase will basically keep one upping itself until it's weird, inaccessible and ruined.

Guest HTT II
Just now, ManDoon said:

Yeah genuinely I read a few rival boards/threads and none are of the same level. One of them from RTG literally PMd me a load of like personal abuse on here, never met the guy in my life. It’s deranged to even go to that level. 

They are weird mate and RAWK’s Everton thread despite them being LFC is very much like RTGs NUFC thread. Loads of absolute weird bitterness.