sunderland appoint a new head coach

Big River

18 hours ago, joeyt said:

Honestly lads that was one of the best wordplay jokes I've ever made on here, I'm going to be gutted if no one acknowledges it

Welcome to my world

On 31/08/2022 at 16:36, BlueStar said:

We're so famous for our gravy-stained black and white shirts they should bisto the belt on us by default tbh.

To be fair it is a fairly unique achievement. I've checked and they're right, I thought Edward VIII would catch them out but they won the league and Community Shield that year.

The only other competition up for grabs that year was the FA Cup won by Arsenal, and they won fuck all before that, so Sunderland are the only team who can claim this.

However as interesting it is as a fact, and it is interesting, it's just trivia; it's of no more significance than "only ginger astronaut" or "first midget bullfighter" or whatever odd fact anyone comes up with.

33 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Because their team, town and lives are shit. It's a form of (meaningless) validation to be liked by others.

I mean the Hartlepool one. They walked in. Whole place went quiet then a parting of the waves as the publican welcomed them in. 

Who gives a fuck? 

Thick cunts. 

Anyone who’s been to a lot of away games has had good and bad experiences.  Obviously, some clubs are more likely than others to result in bad experiences - but anyone with a mental age greater than a teenager knows that most people aren’t looking to kick your head in before a match, and that a bit of pre-match craic is perfectly normal at most away grounds.

They really are a collection of oddballs.