sunderland in the EFL

Big River

7 minutes ago, madras said:

Any of them showed anything at your club or their previous to make you think they'll make it ?

The 4 SAFC Season card holders I work with don't think so. They reckon 2 forwards with some experiwnce and presence is a minimum  for January.

Can't say I have followed a Ukranian Premier Division, Spanish second division or Portuguese B side.

None have had enough minutes for anyone to make a calculated opinion, Rusyn and Mayenda look sharp but we haven't give them anything to work with.

Your 4 Sunderland SC holder work mates clearly haven't listened to the repetitive message that's been fed out by the club for two years that we use data to make our signings, no player is going to come in as the finished article. They are going to be disappointed if they expect the club to buy two experienced strikers we already have four and play one upfront.

Edited by TeddySAFC

2 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

Can't say I have followed a Ukranian Premier Division, Spanish second division or Portuguese B side.

Your 4 Sunderland SC holder work mates clearly haven't listened to the repetitive message that's been fed out by the club for two years that we use data to make our signings, no player is going to come in as the finished article. They are going to be disappointed if they expect the club to buy two experienced strikers we already have four and play one upfront.

Everyone uses data (surprisingly Mowbray was a convert while at Coventry...read "Expected Goals" by Rory Smith), some teams use it better than others. Seems like trying moneyball on the cheap,seeing others do it and thinking its easy

Edited by madras

Just now, madras said:

Everyone uses data (surprisingly Mowbray was a convert while at Coventry...read "Expected Goals" by Rory Smith), some teams use is better than others. Seems like trying moneyball on the cheap,seeing others do it and thinking its easy

Good job we are using it well then, so far.

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I honestly would just let him rant on, if he's happy with their model and being stuck in the Championship for years, then that's fine by me. 

It looks to me like they had a core from before "it's all about the data" that got them promoted and to last seasons play offs. As they've been replaced by the data boys they don't look anywhere near as good.

Edited by madras

Just now, TeddySAFC said:

It's almost like they believe the manager is underperforming with what he has available and they have sacked him.

Got to blame someone eh ? Most bosses do that when they fuck up themselves.

2 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

" Former Sunderland boss Steve Bruce (12/1) is on the list, of course, having recently expressed an interest to get back into management following his sacking at West Brom, "

If Carlsberg did new manager appointments....

44 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

It's almost like they believe the manager is underperforming with what he has available and they have sacked him.

Wasn't it "The Data" that led them to Mowbray in the first place?

https://twitter.com/MsiDouglas/status/1732012212821070190?t=sI-9TcdgK_g6Jq5ueqa-Xg&s=19

Edited by Keegans Export