sunderland in the EFL

Big River

As a self-proclaimed and completely unapologetic grammar Nazi, I can't disagree with this bit....

Still, the accusation persists that those who insist upon employing grammar, punctuation and even spelling correctly, do so to make themselves feel superior.

This is unfair. We actually are superior.

4 hours ago, Chris_R said:

As a self-proclaimed and completely unapologetic grammar Nazi, I can't disagree with this bit....

I can disagree with it - he’s using a comma before a verb in a relative clause.  The entire article is replete with this sort of thing - there’s an obvious comma splice in it too, as well as the use of a comma before a subordinate conjunction.

It’s a piece of piss to point at signs for shops which have an incorrect use of the apostrophe and feel superior.  I can’t be arsed with it personally - and the people who do it wouldn’t thank others for pointing out the flaws in their prose. 

Irrelevant and no one will care, but there used to be a shop in Pelaw called “Dan’s Tan’s” that used to piss me off each time I drove past. 

Posted (edited)

hahahaha Their `Will Still` thread is comedy gold 

The club actually employ local people believe it or not !! and like any workplace a lot of people struggle to keep their mouths shut. My mates wife was Bains assistant and they become friendly with Coleman and the lass off sky her sister used to do her makeup as she’s an makeup artist , and my mates a builder went to his house and put up some bed for him as well ,they used to meet up with kids etc also . another friend of a friend was head of marketing and also player liaison manager he used to tell my mates the odd bits . I dunno what’s so unbelievable it was him that me mcgeady was an absolute wanker

Edited by Choppy Chop Chop
Add

Haven't been paying attention but last time I looked they were in with a shout at a playoff spot? What in the fuck happened :yao:

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Haven't been paying attention but last time I looked they were in with a shout at a playoff spot? What in the fuck happened :yao:

:joelinton: we happened

17 hours ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

hahahaha Their `Will Still` thread is comedy gold 

Chris Coleman hired a builder to make his bed? :lol:

Hang on. Hang the fuck on... are these dipshits trying to take the piss because we >might< miss out on Europe??

Hey mackem fucktards, I've seen more nufc European matches in the last 9 months than your shit club has managed in over 100 years.

On 17/05/2024 at 16:19, TheBrownBottle said:

I can disagree with it - he’s using a comma before a verb in a relative clause.  The entire article is replete with this sort of thing - there’s an obvious comma splice in it too, as well as the use of a comma before a subordinate conjunction.

It’s a piece of piss to point at signs for shops which have an incorrect use of the apostrophe and feel superior.  I can’t be arsed with it personally - and the people who do it wouldn’t thank others for pointing out the flaws in their prose. 

image.jpeg.51ef6a74bda85c68cabf37f995a19631.jpeg

4 hours ago, bhoywhonder said:

Hang on. Hang the fuck on... are these dipshits trying to take the piss because we >might< miss out on Europe??

Hey mackem fucktards, I've seen more nufc European matches in the last 9 months than your shit club has managed in over 100 years.

Those dipshits are actually trying to take the piss.

Comfort blankets all over the place.

Apparently we’re in the mix to qualify for the equivalent of this, which is celebrating failure and if we don’t win it that is also failure. If we do win it I expect this’ll be the trophy photo and we’ll all be on the phone to the Samaritans at full time. Perhaps we should just decline to take part.IMG_8085.thumb.jpeg.2b72dc2d5c495030353385d249c85a59.jpeg

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Apparently we’re in the mix to qualify for the equivalent of this, which is celebrating failure and if we don’t win it that is also failure. If we do win it I expect this’ll be the trophy photo and we’ll all be on the phone to the Samaritans at full time. Perhaps we should just decline to take part.IMG_8085.thumb.jpeg.2b72dc2d5c495030353385d249c85a59.jpeg

Isn’t context fun?  Here’s Sunderland players celebrating their Papa John’s Football League Mickey Mouse Cup win:

IMG_7674.thumb.jpeg.c9b3715317572f3c6ab62e68c3f2a190.jpeg

I even saw the fans celebrating like loons the year before when they scored in the Papa Johns final at Wembley.

So they’re the last set of fans on earth in a position to sneer at where we are … :) 

5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

They're warped, like. :lol:

The calibre of teams is far nearer the old Cup Winners' Cup.