sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Better team again here like, should be in front. 

Said it before I've watched their games everytime they've been on pretty much last couple seasons and 95% of the time they always look good and the better side.

Annoying as fuck, they'll score and come up before long if they keep it up.

11 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Better team again here like, should be in front. 

Said it before I've watched their games everytime they've been on pretty much last couple seasons and 95% of the time they always look good and the better side.

Annoying as fuck, they'll score and come up before long if they keep it up.

They’re quite good until the penalty area, they’re probably a striker away from mounting a proper promotion push 

Edited by Andy84

There's now a thread on there about one of their players doing his warm up for the cup tie wrapped in an Israeli flag to wind up our owners. I know it's meant as a joke but they obviously don't know the difference between Saudi Arabia and Iran. I can actually see a run on Yemeni flags on Wearside.

Edited by madras

Their anti-Mag insecureness really does run through forum

”mag WH Smith” ffs man :lol: 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/sunderland-railway-station.1534525/page-51#post-39637949

The next page has one of them saying how Geordies didn’t want Roker Pier built centuries ago. They’re fucking mental. 

Edited by Danh1

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/sunderland-railway-station.1534525/page-51#post-39637949

The next page has one of them saying how Geordies didn’t want Roker Pier built centuries ago. They’re fucking mental. 

They do like putting about this ‘it all began during the English Civil War’ shite, as if their grievances are marked by centuries.  I’ve heard it a number of times, happily regurgitated by shite - sorry, populist - local historians and journalists.

Newcastle during the civil war was a major town, with fortifications and all that malarkey.  Sunderland was a handful of fishing villages with a population of around 1,000.  They’re utterly mad. 

7 hours ago, Danh1 said:

I started reading that thread as a result of that link, bonkers, Nexus funnel travellers into Newcastle as sales of KitKats provide jobs on Tyneside..

They then feed off each other, each weird fantasy about how unfair the world is to them becomes fact and fodder for the next even weirder fantasy about how unfair the world is to them.

The single thread on ticket allocation for the FA cup match is now at nearly 300 pages and 6000 posts. 

Not bad for a game against a team many of them claim ceased to exist after the takeover.

At least is seems to keep them busy and gives them less time to spend counting mag shirts on Wearside.

1 minute ago, Sid said:

I started reading that thread as a result of that link, bonkers, Nexus funnel travellers into Newcastle as sales of KitKats provide jobs on Tyneside..

They then feed off each other, each weird fantasy about how unfair the world is to them becomes fact and fodder for the next even weirder fantasy about how unfair the world is to them.

The single thread on ticket allocation for the FA cup match is now at nearly 300 pages and 6000 posts. 

Not bad for a game against a team many of them claim ceased to exist after the takeover.

At least is seems to keep them busy and gives them less time to spend counting mag shirts on Wearside.

They’re all proud of their regional capital really. :)

17 hours ago, Scoot said:

Robbing their own fans?? Some of them in the comments seem to think so. Every time they hit the target they set, they up it. [emoji38]

Theres a few familiar names on the list mind including Mr A Hitler, suppose it makes sense he was a MLF

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They do like putting about this ‘it all began during the English Civil War’ shite, as if their grievances are marked by centuries.  I’ve heard it a number of times, happily regurgitated by shite - sorry, populist - local historians and journalists.

Newcastle during the civil war was a major town, with fortifications and all that malarkey.  Sunderland was a handful of fishing villages with a population of around 1,000.  They’re utterly mad. 

Correct. I live on the site of the Civil War battle that the makems claim as "Sunderland defeating Newcastle". 

We were taught about it at school. As you say, Sunderland was just a collection of small fishing villages at the time, where the largely Scots Parliamentarian army landed to march on the large Royalist garrison town of Newcastle.

The Battle of Boldon Hill as it became known, was a small, inconclusive skirmish with limited casualties on both sides.

The makems have tried to claim this as some great victory, because the Scots forces went on to take Newcastle a couple of weeks later.

Just now, bigfella said:

Correct. I live on the site of the Civil War battle that the makems claim as "Sunderland defeating Newcastle". 

We were taught about it at school. As you say, Sunderland was just a collection of small fishing villages at the time, where the largely Scots Parliamentarian army landed to march on the large Royalist garrison town of Newcastle.

The Battle of Boldon Hill as it became known, was a small, inconclusive skirmish with limited casualties on both sides.

The makems have tried to claim this as some great victory, because the Scots forces went on to take Newcastle a couple of weeks later.

You're saying the traitorous mackems sided with a foreign power ? :coolsmiley:

6 minutes ago, bigfella said:

They’re a really odd bunch, it’s such a bizarre outlook.  I’ve never heard that shite come out from a Geordie - it’s always Mackems.  

The only other one like I can think of is when you hear Leeds go on about their games with Man Utd as if they are a reenactment of the Wars of the Roses, forgetting that neither Manchester nor Leeds existed in any significant way in the C15th, and even if they did it Lancashire and Yorkshire weren’t the ones counties involved.

15 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

One of them was wondering if any Milan fans took in their match last night. Apparently they have struck up good relationships with PSG and Dortmund fans 

Wonder if any Milan fans in peyce could recommend a decent hotel in the Sunderland area? :lol:

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/tourist-fans.1621917/

Certainly no tourists going to Sunderland that's for sure [emoji38]

The amount of lies within that thread man [emoji38]

One minute we're a laughing stock cos we win nowt, a minute later we have glory hunter fans from outside the North East flicking to us.

Wish they'd make up their mind and stick with it.