sunderland in the EFL

Big River

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

When you are defending Sunderland to whinge about howe your in need of a break from the Internet ffs

Who's whinging about Howe? If you're referring to me, then it's a bit of a strange comment because I've done nothing of the sort. I'd like to see Sunderland lose 4 or 5 on the trot (and be in bad form), I'd like to see them struggle in the bottom half, but I'm simply stating their recent form is OK, nothing more, nothing less.

6 hours ago, Paullow said:

Who's whinging about Howe? If you're referring to me, then it's a bit of a strange comment because I've done nothing of the sort. I'd like to see Sunderland lose 4 or 5 on the trot (and be in bad form), I'd like to see them struggle in the bottom half, but I'm simply stating their recent form is OK, nothing more, nothing less.

I thought so too until I watched them last night. They are beyond terrible and Mick Beale is a charlatan.. still dreading it of course

7 hours ago, Paullow said:

But they're obviously not going to win every game. They're 7th in the league, albeit very tight, but their form is OK - they've beaten WBA, Leeds and Hull this month, unbeaten in 2. They are doing OK in the 2nd tier, they're not in terrible form, like what we are. Had they had like 4 points from 6 or 7 games or something, then fair enough, but it's unfortunately not that bad.

"If we were playing Rotherham and Burton Albion week in week out we'd be top of the league as well"

7 hours ago, Paullow said:

He's not quoting you ? 

They really are nothing special and they will be ultra lucky to get through via the play offs this season. They are in an ok position but it could change easily in a few matches. Top 2 spots they have zero chance ,play off at best and there are much better teams vying for those places. 

In truth they will miss out on promotion again and it's fucking brilliant watching them season after season hating their manager and lives . All they have is us ,fuck them .

They are upper middle table dross. Their form suggests they are in the right position. (2 wins 2 losses and a draw in the last 5)

Absolutely no doubt they’ll raise their game agains us as all lower league clubs do when given a big cup tie.  My concern is we haven’t pulled ourselves out of the rut we find ourselves in and another Luton/Forest type display which would put us at risk of an underdog upset. 

Edited by RS

It's all about next season for these. Get some form, settle the new manager in and don't sell anyone and they'll be in a good position via the playoffs. The 3 teams that drop this season will be the 3 who came up and although decent for that division, probably not stand out.

Anyone wanting promotion this season needs Ipswich to drop out of the automatics. You're not going up with Leeds & Southampton sitting in the playoff positions. Unfortunately I think they will as well, with Southampton taking their place. So maybe a glimmer of hope.

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It's all about next season for these. Get some form, settle the new manager in and don't sell anyone and they'll be in a good position via the playoffs. The 3 teams that drop this season will be the 3 who came up and although decent for that division, probably not stand out.

Anyone wanting promotion this season needs Ipswich to drop out of the automatics. You're not going up with Leeds & Southampton sitting in the playoff positions. Unfortunately I think they will as well, with Southampton taking their place. So maybe a glimmer of hope.

There’s no way Clarke will be there next season if they don’t go up. It’ll be about how much they get for him and how well they subsequently spend it.

8 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

There’s no way Clarke will be there next season if they don’t go up. It’ll be about how much they get for him and how well they subsequently spend it.

I have a funny feeling he sees the rest of this season out in the Premier league.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Possibly - can the inevitable Palace or Burnley bid go in on 1 January?

Could be in now. Might not leave till after our game, but it'll go 2 ways. Either he wants to show off and get that move, or wants to protect himself against any injury which would see him miss out. If bids or interest is already live, then it'll be the latter. 

Just flicked their game on before Dobey gets going at Ally Pally, looks like they're resting themselves for Saturday.

I'm talking of course about the fans, it looks half empty as usual. Didn't know Nissan was open on New Year's Day. Bloody overtime.

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Just flicked their game on before Dobey gets going at Ally Pally, looks like they're resting themselves for Saturday.

I'm talking of course about the fans, it looks half empty as usual. Didn't know Nissan was open on New Year's Day. Bloody overtime.

No buses on, taxi's etc must not exist.

13 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Looks pretty full to me. 1-0. Pritchard with a great strike. Always had a bit of quality about him.

Just now, LFEE said:

Looks pretty full to me. 1-0. Pritchard with a great strike. Always had a bit of quality about him.

They panned around the place a minute before kick off, there were huge empty sections everywhere.

Edited by Pilko

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

They panned around the place a minute before kick off, there were huge empty sections everywhere.

45,000 attendance.

11 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Today's going to be fun, these get a decent morale boosting win and turn up for inevitable horrible defeat at Anfield to end the day.

Roll on Saturday, not.

Jesus Christ man, get a grip.

Think it'll go the other way - beat these for a morale boost and shut up the doom-mongers, to set up a decent finish to the season.

7+th place and a cup run would be a decent return based on where we are now, and probably what I'd have hoped for last year.

2-0. Good work from Clarke. Looks a positive player though very one footed like Almiron. PNE very passive. Can see why their manager is under pressure.

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

2-0. Good work from Clarke. Looks a positive player though very one footed like Almiron. PNE very passive. Can see why their manager is under pressure.

Aye, they're points tally and league position will likely be as expected, but the problem was their excellent start where they got points from their first 7 games, and assuming they lose this, their last 19 games will be W4 D4 L11, currently -20 GD and only 16 points. Had those early wins been spread out a bit more then the situation would have been different, despite the same points return on paper.