sunderland in the EFL

Big River

10 hours ago, BlueStar said:

They need this fella with a flamethrower

I remember The Don and Meth actually caving in and ordering some new seats, which the fans had to install themselves. Pretty sure nobody thought of simply giving the old ones a good clean. 

Edited by junkhead

Something just occurred to me about this lot; they seem to have a history of signing the shit brother of good players.

Jobe Bellingham, Anton Ferdinand, Lee Howey...

1 hour ago, Stal said:

Something just occurred to me about this lot; they seem to have a history of signing the shit brother of good players.

Wearside Jack.

6 hours ago, Stal said:

I've always thought of that club as the poor relations so that's fitting.

6 hours ago, Stal said:

Surprised Phil Neville didn't end up there.

Did they not have Balotelli's brother on trial or something at some point too?

Wouldn't have even known he had one until I heard about that I feel. 

Their attempts to be first rate always make it glaring how second rate they are. Stadium name, badge rip off, flag display, signing runts etc

On 23/01/2024 at 14:22, Stal said:

Billy Hughes (Brother of European Cup Winner for Celtic....John Hughes)

If you ever need an indication of just how wounded they’ve become by the FA Cup match, have a gander at their club / fan meeting. Personal favourites include:

- Easier to buy an NUFC shirt in Sunderland than an NUFC one

- Wanted to make the NUFC fans feel at home because they were paying £600 a ticket in the BCB

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2024/january/supporter-collective-minutes-jan-24

Edited by Nucasol

10 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

If you ever need an indication of just how wounded they’ve become by the FA Cup match, have a gander at their club / fan meeting. Personal favourites include:

- Wanted to make the NUFC fans feel at home because they were paying £600 a ticket in the BCB

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2024/january/supporter-collective-minutes-jan-24

Weren’t the giving it the old ‘nowt to lose, wouldn’t worry about getting beat, they’ve spent a zillion quid and besides they’re not really NUFC anymore’ shite before the game?

They’re taking it much, much, much harder than they assured themselves that they would

10 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Weren’t the giving it the old ‘nowt to lose, wouldn’t worry about getting beat, they’ve spent a zillion quid and besides they’re not really NUFC anymore’ shite before the game?

They’re taking it much, much, much harder than they assured themselves that they would

Lovely sound bites until the reality hit that beating us is the only thing that defines them as a club. It’s ruined January for them and hopefully that percolates into destroying the rest of their season.

Just now, Nucasol said:

Lovely sound bites until the reality hit that beating us is the only thing that defines them as a club. It’s ruined January for them and hopefully that percolates into destroying the rest of their season.

It’ll eat them up for years, potentially.  If they don’t get promoted it’s unlikely we’ll meet them again any time soon.  We wrenched their comfort blanket away and pissed on their bed.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

"JG concluded that he has been a supporter for over 50 years and before Christmas, he was very enthusiastic about the season. However, the NUFC arrangements and off-field changes have now resulted in him feeling deflated and he no longer looking forward to games, home or away, which he suspects is a sentiment shared by thousands of others."

:lol: 

15 minutes ago, junkhead said:

"JG concluded that he has been a supporter for over 50 years and before Christmas, he was very enthusiastic about the season. However, the NUFC arrangements and off-field changes have now resulted in him feeling deflated and he no longer looking forward to games, home or away, which he suspects is a sentiment shared by thousands of others."

:lol: 

JG is likely a man approaching retirement and he’s got the response of a spoiled pubescent