sunderland in the EFL

Big River

3 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

FA Cup draw against us broke them, they’ve never been the same since…………wonderful!!

It really did break them, every straw they were clutching on disappeared that day.

They really have had a shocking end to the season.

P14 W2 D3 L9 F8 A18 GD-10 PTS 9

So only 9 points across what is almost a third of the season, and 8 goals in 14 matches is awful.

1 hour ago, Newcastle Fan said:

It really did break them, every straw they were clutching on disappeared that day.

It wasn’t just the result that broke them. They vandalised their own bar and laid out the black and white carpet for us. After that they prob thought their whole club was infested with secret mags.

TBF aside from Clarke they’re the ultimate midtable championship team. He’ll be off in the summer and if their recruiting is similar to last summer it doesn’t bode well. 

This season With Mowbray:

GP 19 - W8 - 29pts 

This season without Mowbray

GP 26 - W8 - 27pts

Currently 9pts above relegation. 

Fingers crossed for a bad summer for them.

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

They really have had a shocking end to the season.

P14 W2 D3 L9 F8 A18 GD-10 PTS 9

So only 9 points across what is almost a third of the season, and 8 goals in 14 matches is awful.

The Dodds Effect™ marra!

18 minutes ago, Beth said:

You have to go back to 1990/1 when we had as tedious a season outside of the top flight.

Yep, and fucking hell was that year painful.  Even as a kid who was excited about going to matches with my dad, that season was turgid.  I remember playing Bristol City at home that season, would have been around this time of year.  0-0, utterly fucking dreadful, and the ground seemed to be completely empty (there was probably 15k-ish there, but to me it just seemed empty)

38 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep, and fucking hell was that year painful.  Even as a kid who was excited about going to matches with my dad, that season was turgid.  I remember playing Bristol City at home that season, would have been around this time of year.  0-0, utterly fucking dreadful, and the ground seemed to be completely empty (there was probably 15k-ish there, but to me it just seemed empty)

Would have been announced as 42,000 on wearside

4 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Well, it's not like they wanted a win that day.

In the build-up of the match, most of their supporters is social media were wishing that some of their nameless thugs to give career ending injuries to our stars.

Only our supporters were interested in actually winning the match.

They partially got their wish with joelinton injury.

I pray that the karmic punishment for unsportsmanship attitude continues for a season for them.

1 hour ago, HalloNUFC said:

Well, it's not like they wanted a win that day.

In the build-up of the match, most of their supporters is social media were wishing that some of their nameless thugs to give career ending injuries to our stars.

Only our supporters were interested in actually winning the match.

They partially got their wish with joelinton injury.

I pray that the karmic punishment for unsportsmanship attitude continues for a season for them.

They look likely to be another Sheff Wed to me - shuffling between the second and third tiers, with the occasional flirtation with the ‘Championship’ top six positions (while failing to go up), rattling round inside a ground too big for where they are and where they’re likely to be

Who are these going to get in as manager?

You can guarantee that whoever they get in (unless it’s a big name ex-pro with zero experience) won’t be good enough for them.

Thing is, big name ex-pros will cost £££ these days.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Who are these going to get in as manager?

You can guarantee that whoever they get in (unless it’s a big name ex-pro with zero experience) won’t be good enough for them.

Thing is, big name ex-pros will cost £££ these days.

Heckingbottom and the fewm will be hilarious as per 

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Need the right Mandingo, this time. Preferably with a midget side kick. Ricccce

As long as he can do the Mackem manager job AND keep pumping out YouTube videos, I’m all for it

8 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Not sure how many 0-0s we had at home that season but at the time as a 12/13 year old kid it used to feel like we drew 0-0 every week! Remember standing in some ridiculously low crowds back then. Remember a midweek game v Oxford towards the back end of the season (might have been game) and the crowd was 10,000.

2 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Not sure how many 0-0s we had at home that season but at the time as a 12/13 year old kid it used to feel like we drew 0-0 every week! Remember standing in some ridiculously low crowds back then. Remember a midweek game v Oxford towards the back end of the season (might have been game) and the crowd was 10,000.

Was at that, took some posh lass from the uni who I was knocking around with. Her first ever match. Dreadful game. She’s been a season ticket holder for 30 years now!

Just now, LordJake said:

Was at that, took some posh lass from the uni who I was knocking around with. Her first ever match. Dreadful game. She’s been a season ticket holder for 30 years now!

Haha what a story! I was in the old benches in the East Stand and a couple of my mates from school were stood directly opposite me in the B Paddock. The atmosphere was so quiet they could shout across the pitch at me and I could hear them [emoji38]

39 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Honestly mate, I haven’t checked but I’m sure we went a couple of months without a home goal.  It was absolutely horrendous.  My dad took me and a few of my mates to a match vs Brighton around the same time and that finished 0-0.  One of the lads who came with us was a Liverpool ‘fan’ who spent the bus trip back to the west end taking the piss.  I’m assuming the fact that he was eleven years old was the only reason he didn’t get a corrective …