sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Plymouth vs Sunderland live on Sky on Monday is massive. Sunderland still have to play Rotherham as well who will almost certainly still be looking for points there. They'll likely get in the playoffs, but it's an exciting end in terms of both automatics and playoffs.

It'll take 80 odd points to get in the playoffs which is crazy. 

6 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Plymouth vs Sunderland live on Sky on Monday is massive. Sunderland still have to play Rotherham as well who will almost certainly still be looking for points there. They'll likely get in the playoffs, but it's an exciting end in terms of both automatics and playoffs.

Massive :lol:

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

Massive :lol:

Well, a degree of relativity of course, but in terms of the league, with one likely to be 7th and the other 4th heading into it, and the team in 4th fairly likely to be 7th if they lose, it's pretty big.

12 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Well, a degree of relativity of course, but in terms of the league, with one likely to be 7th and the other 4th heading into it, and the team in 4th fairly likely to be 7th if they lose, it's pretty big.

For them 

1 hour ago, GWN said:

For them 

Well of course, the thread is literally 'Sunderland', a place to discuss Sunderland, and it's a huge game for them, just like Port Vale vs Bristol Rovers is a huge game for the Gas lads who post on here, and no doubt various other matches at this stage of the season.

10 hours ago, Nicetobeout said:

Found it funny the way they were bragging they had been to the new “Wembo” and we hadn’t [emoji38]

No but we have been to the Nou camp and San Siro to name just a couple. 

Also I seen we played in front of 100k in Kyiv in 97, must mean we have played in front of the biggest champions league crowd since it was rebranded in 1992. 

They conveniently fail to acknowledge that two of their four appearances at the new Wembley have been in a competition whereby you need to be in the third or fourth tier of English football for your first team to enter - and the other was a game to try and get out of the aforementioned third tier.

As said, huge match for them at Plymouth, and again at home to Rotherham.

Again, if it wasnt for all the last second goals, they'd be well short of the play-offs now and they'd be hounding the latest manager out.

5 hours ago, Paullow said:

Well of course, the thread is literally 'Sunderland', a place to discuss Sunderland, and it's a huge game for them, just like Port Vale vs Bristol Rovers is a huge game for the Gas lads who post on here, and no doubt various other matches at this stage of the season.

True , it gives us another bit of entertainment at the end of the season . We should be safe today so we can laugh at these fuck up another run in / play off . Yes please :lol:

Let's just put this out there first. They might be in the 3rd div and small time but I keep a keen interest in them simply because they're our nearest and dearest.

I've got "Lads"  ([emoji38]) fans as pals and former colleagues, all of them decent kids. 

I revel in their misfortune, likewise the other way. I was disappointed they went 2 zip on Friday, over the moon it went 2-2 then gutted the spawny cunts won. 

Totally mad thing is, if Bruce had stayed, there was every likelihood of us being in the same division next season and I wasn't looking forward to that in all honesty.

We're still not mathematically safe but near as dam it. They've got a decent run-in and are nailed on to be in the play-offs. Here's the thing with them tho. My understanding of their owners' arrangement is that Donald & David Brent have to match any investment put forward by KLD. They can't, unless that South American is the bag man for them. That means, once they know where they'll be next season, wrangling over ownership all summer. Even if that's sorted you only have to look at the 3 teams promoted last season and how they've done. Hull, Peterboro and Blackpool all bottom half. Any suggestion Sunderland are bigger than them and, therefore, should coast that league is mute. They're a L1 club with a L1 squad just like those 3 were.

It's a far bigger leap than from the Championship to the Prem. 

Bet they cannot wait to be kicked to shit at the bottom of the Championship. They enjoyed it so much last time, with half their premier league squad, it'll be so much more fun with a full League one squad this time round.

We think L1 is funny. Just wait till the inevitable power struggle kicks in with the owners pulling in different directions trying to buy each other out on the cheap, investing fuck all in the squad. 

It's going to be funny as fuck.

7 minutes ago, RS said:

Does anyone know a sunderland supporter who describes themselves as a “massive lads fan” or is it a groomers thing?

I had one at old work describing a player as a 'MLF' and I just ripped in to him calling him a 'RTG wanker' asked him for his username, but said he never went on. Made it as awkward as possible for him. :lol:

It's funny how no one admits going on there, especially having an account, yet i've seen the same people browsing the site on their lunch breaks. 

Edited by Dokko

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

I had one at old work describing a player as a 'MLF' and I just ripped in to him calling him a 'RTG wanker' asked him for his username, but said he never went on. Made it as awkward as possible for him. :lol:

It's funny how no one admits going on there, especially having an account, yet i've seen the same people browsing the site on their lunch breaks. 

See, his first mistake there was admitting he knows it exists 😂

The whole MLF thing is so weird to me. It might just be me but it hits the ear implying a MLF is a fan of massive lads, like some kind of BBW fetish 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

From the comments it seems they have forgotten they have never been to the new Wembley (aside from Spurs away)

How thick can you get in one sentence [emoji38]

I’ve seen North Shields lift a trophy at Wembley. It’s effectively the same level they’re bragging about the daft cunts. 

Bragging about having more glamorous trips to wembo than us then in the next breath telling us we don't know how spoilt we are not to be suffering their untold misery.

Simultaneously both Top Dogs tm and incomprehensibly hard done to. Schroedingers sunderland.

14 hours ago, Paullow said:

Could see Plymouth missing out altogether if they lose to sunderland- their recent form is patchy and their other 2 games are Wigan and MK Dons.

Given that Sheff Wed and Wycombe also have to play each other and Wycombe have played a game more  it would be some bottle job if sewder dewper sunlun don't make the playoffs from here.

The fucking middle east experts from ermmm wearside venting their spleen :cheesy:

If that shower of shyte don't make the

Playoffs they'll be in total meltdoon.

It would be for the best anyoos,a top 14 league 1 side with the most empty plastic seats, massive club mind:smiley6600: ...or rock bottom championship. 

Ps

Another bonus for them is, they've got one championship  standard player  that big doylem who passes as a CF,

Should put 6 million in their ambitious boards pockets .

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

From the comments it seems they have forgotten they have never been to the new Wembley (aside from Spurs away)

How thick can you get in one sentence [emoji38]

I've a hunch Bradford don't milk having been to the newly constructed Wembley like these do and certainly won't goad Leeds with it, they'd just look pathetic if they did.  Carlisle fans won't go on about it and if they did it would be obviously mild banter, they'd not for a second think that puts them above the fan of a PL club.

and yet the mackems