sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 minute ago, OverThere said:

I thought they were shite. I would be amazed if they get anywhere near promotion.

A decent Striker and they could be in the playoffs. 

They absolutely hate Beale like. ? Every game he's there it poisons the club and they won't be able to move forward. He'll never win the majority round, not now, not ever. Huge potential to derail their entire season.

Think Clarke will be sold as well, bet thry hoped for a star performance from him today, instead he provided nothing, allowing for a lesser bid probably already on the table to be accepted.

Just now, Dokko said:

They absolutely hate Beale like. ? Every game he's there it poisons the club and they won't be able to move forward. He'll never win the majority round, not now, not ever. Huge potential to derail their entire season.

Think Clarke will be sold as well, bet thry hoped for a star performance from him today, instead he provided nothing, allowing for a lesser bid probably already on the table to be accepted.

£10m would be robbery on the mackems behalf. They’ve set everything up to cater for him since Diallo returned to Man Utd with pens etc.

His career stats bar this season are so underwhelming. Today’s performance was a reversion to the norm.

IMG_0015.thumb.jpeg.ff038cb97b656e4dccc0ba2a0044d87f.jpeg

Just now, Nucasol said:

£10m would be robbery on the mackems behalf. They’ve set everything up to cater for him since Diallo returned to Man Utd with pens etc.

His career stats bar this season are so underwhelming. Today’s performance was a reversion to the norm.

IMG_0015.thumb.jpeg.ff038cb97b656e4dccc0ba2a0044d87f.jpeg

Think thryll get £15m for him. It's what was on offer in the summer, but I think with everything that's gone on since its now a good deal, especially if he's pushing for the move. Shame the spuds have a 50% sell on clause. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Their crowd seemed to know what was coming right from the start tbh. I've seen far more hostile mackem crowds, albeit that was at Roker Park. Maybe moving to the lego stadium with the Benfica ripped off name has killed the old fervour.

I've felt that way a few times there. The rightly afforementioned 2-2 was top notch but an exception. The next game there stood out as being exceptionally flat, discussed earlier but it was like they'd peaked and had got bored or miffed at not being able to improve on 7th already or sensed the decline was underway. The Dabizas game was the same and in 2006 they were nowhere near even selling it out. Detected some quick to quit and revert to plucky underdogs vibes today myself.

34 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They only have themselves to blame for.the gulf between us, like. Aye, we hit the jackpot with who we got taken over by, but they were happy with their club just pottering about 16th in the league, winning the derby was their be-all, end-all.

They could be where Bournemouth or Brighton are now but instead they just lapped it up 10 years ago circling the bowl and let relegation happen.

Nah, it's proper Mag behaviour to demand anything more than lower Premier League mediocrity

15 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Just watched his post-match interview. Can’t put my finger on it. But his tone seems off. Like really arrogant and condescending. Almost sounds like he’s doing a Paul Daniels bit in PARKLIFE! 

Can see why they don’t like or want him based on that. Also a really uninspiring appointment. To get rid of Mowbray. Which was the right decision by all accounts and replace him with someone who isn’t any better. Who has just left Rangers under a cloud and was universally disliked by their fans. 

4 minutes ago, mush said:

Nah, it's proper Mag behaviour to demand anything more than lower Premier League mediocrity

Aye, I hear that, but I remember when they did have that and they complained, didn’t turn up, always asked for more money, then said they couldn’t compete with the likes of Man Utd etc.

No one ever expects them to compete with the likes of Man Utd, they will never be in for the same players, and likely never have the same pre-season ambitions, but only 3 other clubs at most would be willing to compete with them when Sunderland were in the Premier League.

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Looks like we let them have all the gate receipts today, might get them a new striker on loan.

Seriously?

Not a chance they would do the same to us if the shoe was on the other foot.

Glad that Ba didn’t start. Did more in his first 5 minutes than Rusyn did the whole time he was on. 

I only first noticed him when he got fouled by Gordon. Then he was subbed. 

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Seriously?

Not a chance they would do the same to us if the shoe was on the other foot.

Largesse from their masters, betters and overlords. The peasants should be grateful. Let them eat Greggs YumYums.

People mentioned that they hate derby day and would hate for them to get promoted - I am the complete opposite. I want them to get promoted just so they get twatted every single week, and we give them a hiding. I would absolutely love it. All they have to say is "sports washing" Majority of these lot don't even know where Saudi Arabia is on a map.

1 hour ago, Menace said:

People mentioned that they hate derby day and would hate for them to get promoted - I am the complete opposite. I want them to get promoted just so they get twatted every single week, and we give them a hiding. I would absolutely love it. All they have to say is "sports washing" Majority of these lot don't even know where Saudi Arabia is on a map.

We had 3/4 years of us being the better team in the Premier League and them beating us by saving their 2 performances a year for us.

18 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Just watched his post-match interview. Can’t put my finger on it. But his tone seems off. Like really arrogant and condescending. Almost sounds like he’s doing a Paul Daniels bit in PARKLIFE! 

Can see why they don’t like or want him based on that. Also a really uninspiring appointment. To get rid of Mowbray. Which was the right decision by all accounts and replace him with someone who isn’t any better. Who has just left Rangers under a cloud and was universally disliked by their fans. 

I would love hearing Paul Daniels do Phil Daniels part in Park Life!

You’ll like this...not a lot!

9 minutes ago, simonsays said:

What has this fella done to be in demand for jobs?  Is it all based on when he was assistant manager at Rangers? 

Did he not have a canny spell at QPR ?

Are they still a 'joy to watch' by the way? :lol:

They were a joy to play against I know that. Got utterly dicked on national tv in their biggest game for years and never laid a glove on us, they're complete pigshit and it speaks volumes of how poor that division is that they're doing ok in the league. The difference between the squads is immense

Just now, Ben said:

Did he not have a canny spell at QPR ?

Aye he did, then fucked it by going to Rangers. Anyone could tell that it would be a disaster of a move.