sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

If that’s the case, and they’ve played at that level, I’d have thought they’d have been able to make a better effort getting out of League One for the past few years? 

They signed this season, so had no part to play in the seasons prior to this one.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yet you seemed to think some of the posts in here were incredible :lol:

Did you not think it was incredible that with 2080 active users, no one would have the sense to make the RTG forum look less obsessed with NUFC?

It appears they do generally merge all NUFC threads into one where possible.

1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Got to laugh at the Mackem trying to get a rise :lol: 

Serious question, how does it feel to know that you’re unlikely to beat us and not finish above us in the foreseeable future?

I don't think that's THE question or the cause of any distress. After all we got beat off Cambridge this year so it would be of little suprise to repeat that catastrophe against Sunderland, should we be drawn against them. 

I was more thinking along the lines of how does it feel to support a big club that's taken 4 years to get out of L1, still isn't certain of doing so, has uncertain ownership investment going forward meaning a possible, long term, struggle to stay in the championship whilst your neighbours are on their uppers? Type crack 

2 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

In peace, if thats allowed.. [emoji38]

In response to your questions, No i wouldn't 'throw my season ticket away and never support SAFC'

I watch Boxing, Golf and the F1.

I don't agree with the Saudi Arabian regime and there is a difference between investing in companies to being state owned and run. I do find it uncomfortable and I don't think it should be allowed, but if the shoe was on the other foot I wouldn't wrap in following Sunderland, no.

Thanks for the reply , nice to of you to admit you’d  take the blood money too :lol:

stick around as I say , you are very welcome here , just don’t take the piss or post links to dodgy stream sites .:icon_salut:

9 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Got to laugh at the Mackem trying to get a rise :lol: 

Serious question, how does it feel to know that you’re unlikely to beat us and not finish above us in the foreseeable future?

:dowie:

20 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I don't think that's THE question or the cause of any distress. After all we got beat off Cambridge this year so it would be of little suprise to repeat that catastrophe against Sunderland, should we be drawn against them. 

I was more thinking along the lines of how does it feel to support a big club that's taken 4 years to get out of L1, still isn't certain of doing so, has uncertain ownership investment going forward meaning a possible, long term, struggle to stay in the championship whilst your neighbours are on their uppers? Type crack 

You think this year is comparable to our future years :lol: 

20 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

:dowie:

Struggling with a part of that?

1 hour ago, TeddySAFC said:

Alex Pritchard, Danny Batth, obviously Defoe.

I would imagine Newcastle have came across Patrick Roberts before.

Thanks. Genuinely didn’t know. Don’t think we’ve played against Roberts- maybe when he was at Fulham perhaps? He hasn’t played in England for a while I don’t think? 

If you do go up this year, how much would you want your owners to invest in the squad? Would it need much rebuilding for the championship? How likely is the investment, given the ‘chancer’ reputation of The Don and Salmon Pants, and the fact that KLD only has 41%? 

4 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

You think this year is comparable to our future years :lol: 

Struggling with a part of that?

Well it's a bit of a bollocks question, Isn't it?

How do I feel about something that might or might not hypothetically happen :lol:

3 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Well it's a bit of a bollocks question, Isn't it?

How do I feel about something that might or might not hypothetically happen :lol:

No, its reality. It will happen and it’s amusing that you cant acknowledge it. Your saving grace is that it will be limited to cup games

Edited by Thomson Mouse

Question for @TeddySAFC- noting that you are closer to them in terms of league position, size of fan base, match attendances and quality of squad, although they are far less perilously placed than you financially, what are your feelings on your rivalry with Hartlepool United? You are only a now routine Playoff Final loss, a financial meltdown and one more relegation away from being in the same league as them.

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Thanks. Genuinely didn’t know. Don’t think we’ve played against Roberts- maybe when he was at Fulham perhaps? He hasn’t played in England for a while I don’t think? 

If you do go up this year, how much would you want your owners to invest in the squad? Would it need much rebuilding for the championship? How likely is the investment, given the ‘chancer’ reputation of The Don and Salmon Pants, and the fact that KLD only has 41%? 

I would hope that the two stooges finally jack it in and sell the shares, Dreyfus has indicated he is happy to buy them out but it has to be realistic.

If Dreyfus wants to invest heavily into the squad, they would need to put their 'share' in and I simply don't think they can afford it so it forces their hand to sell. KLD apparently has an agreement in place (Which was openely discussed at a meeting between a supporters group & Dreyfus) that he has full control of decision making regardless of share ownership.

I think the squad needs significant investment, It doesn't neceserially mean ploughing money at it but it means recruiting correctly, There will be bargains to be had as Championship clubs are struggling financially. There has already been quite a few 'big name' Championship players told that they won't be getting new deals at existing clubs and therefore released.

I understand from reading this thread that people believe the gap to L1 to Championship is huge, but I honestly don't think it is. We are in a unique position whereby teams come to the SOL and don't even look to attack, making every home game an absolute struggle to get through, likewise all away games are tough as we are a scalp at this level. I would hope that if we do go up, We would be fine. I don't think we would be pulling up any trees mind and I don't think we will build a squad capable of challenging for promotion but it's all ifs and buts.

5 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

No, its reality. It will happen and it’s amusing that you cant acknowledge it. Your saving grace is that it will be limited to cup games

Righto mate :thup:

3 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Question for @TeddySAFC- noting that you are closer to them in terms of league position, size of fan base, match attendances and quality of squad, although they are far less perilously placed than you financially, what are your feelings on your rivalry with Hartlepool United? You are only a now routine Playoff Final loss, a financial meltdown and one more relegation away from being in the same league as them.

Terrified of them, I lie awake worrying about it.

3 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Stupid questions get stupid replies :celb1:

It was a reasonable question you didn't like, because you know the answer :lol: 

This crap you’re coming out with is your future. Enjoy :lol: 

Edited by Thomson Mouse

9 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

What's SAFC's level @TeddySAFC? Which league do you reckon they belong in, whereabouts? Genuinely interested.

A lower end Premier League club (14th-17th) that should be aiming at best to get into the Top 10.

The reality of that however is miles away due to years and years of mistakes and mismanagement, We are currently where we deserve to be.

Edited by TeddySAFC

10 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

A lower end Premier League club (14th-17th) that should be aiming at best to get into the Top 10.

The reality of that however is miles away due to years and years of mistakes and mismanagement, We are currently where we deserve to be.

Fair enough. You'll be back there one day I'm sure.

10 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

you’ve only been top 10 once am I not right? So what makes you think you belong their? Big crowds? You do know that delusion is levelled at us by ermm SAFC fans :lol: