sunderland in the EFL

Big River

4 minutes ago, GWN said:

you’ve only been top 10 once am I not right? So what makes you think you belong their? Big crowds? You do know that delusion is levelled at us by ermm SAFC fans :lol:

I suggest you re-read my post.

1 minute ago, GWN said:

you’ve only been top 10 once am I not right? So what makes you think you belong their? Big crowds? You do know that delusion is levelled at us by ermm SAFC fans :lol:

This Teddy lad doesn't seem such a bad sort really, but unless he can acknowledge Sunderland fans have a massive chip on their shoulder about Newcastle being perceived as a more glamorous club than SAFC, then there's no real point in shooting the breeze. That's nothing against the city or Wearsiders in general, but their fans are generally very anti-NUFC. FTM didn't appear out of thin air.

1 minute ago, GWN said:

you said you should be aiming top 10 , why ? Based on what ? 

I said I see us as a lower end Premiership club that should be around 14th-17th.

I said at best, we should aim top 10. If your finishing 14th-17th I am pretty sure any club would have an ambition to somehow get into the top 10 at best, an aim is different to reality which is what i clearly stated.

We have had 3, top 10 finishes since the Premiership started.

We have finished between 11th and 17th on 11 occasions since the Premiership started.

I dont think I am being completely unreasonable in my suggestions :kasper:

3 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

I said I see us as a lower end Premiership club that should be around 14th-17th.

I said at best, we should aim top 10. If your finishing 14th-17th I am pretty sure any club would have an ambition to somehow get into the top 10 at best, an aim is different to reality which is what i clearly stated.

We have finished between 11th and 17th on 11 occasions since the Premiership started.

So if NUFC aim to be top 4 , at best, would you say we were delusional?

3 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

I think thats fair.

We've seen Burnley, Bournemouth etc. manage it, no reason why clubs can't aim for that.

The bit I saw of the Sheffield Wednesday game was pretty bad, the ball was like a hot potato just getting hoofed or headed as far as possible,  the one player who looked like he had played football before was Clarke???, young lad on the left, he looked decent 

1 minute ago, 1964 said:

The bit I saw of the Sheffield Wednesday game was pretty bad, the ball was like a hot potato just getting hoofed or headed as far as possible,  the one player who looked like he had played football before was Clarke???, young lad on the left, he looked decent 

Jack Clarke? He’s on loan from Spurs. Like one of their other best players, Broadhead, who’s on loan from Everton. 

Guest HTT II

To be fair SAFC is a PL club, or should be, their academy pisses all over ours and many more for example!

6 minutes ago, sleazy said:

I think thats fair.

We've seen Burnley, Bournemouth etc. manage it, no reason why clubs can't aim for that.

Sunderland do have some things going for them tbf, they are passionate about their club and a good fanbase is what makes  it a football town. They are just too insular to be attractive to really good players with their Brexit dreams though, and pathetic attempt to copy the NUFC badge design and Benfica stadium name.

50 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

A lower end Premier League club (14th-17th) that should be aiming at best to get into the Top 10.

The reality of that however is miles away due to years and years of mistakes and mismanagement, We are currently where we deserve to be.

:best:

He said Premier League! They were a yo yo club when they were punching above their weight years ago.

The turd has flushed. I think L1/2 is their level.

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

You ever been to Walsall? There and Brum are like two diff planets. Even Worcester to Evesham. Environment shapes the person a fair bit like 

Course it does, but it's all like for like rather than 'different breed' and all that guff. 

15 minutes ago, HTT II said:

To be fair SAFC is a PL club, or should be, their academy pisses all over ours and many more for example!

He’s on the wind-up and you’re being fair. :lol: 

They won’t be anywhere near us for the foreseeable future, thats their issue to deal with.

Guest HTT II
Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Give owa man! 

Howay man, bias aside their crowds, stadium and academy are PL level!

Guest HTT II
Just now, RS said:

HTT has always had a soft spot for the mackems. He’s a generous soul. 

To be fair, I have come to know of their club behind the scenes and a few of their people. They’ve lost at least 10 key people behind the scenes since they went down from the PL, mostly academy staff and some who are now at NUFC and Boro.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Hard to argue that the club with the 10th highest points tally of all time, one below us, isn't a PL team like. 

When we were in the championship we were a championship club. Every club is where they ought to be.

12 minutes ago, madras said:

When we were in the championship we were a championship club. Every club is where they ought to be.

I get what it means in a literal sense, but that's not really what people mean

22 minutes ago, HTT II said:

To be fair, I have come to know of their club behind the scenes and a few of their people. They’ve lost at least 10 key people behind the scenes since they went down from the PL, mostly academy staff and some who are now at NUFC and Boro.

Wheez key people are theez key people