sunderland in the EFL

Big River

On 07/05/2024 at 07:45, Nucasol said:

Still is a headline writers dream. 

Sunderland Still Shit

I remember a Ceefax headline back in the early 90's, which said, "Sunderland to get Ball back for Grimsby".

Always tickled me that.

14 hours ago, Sid said:

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/opinion/bad-news-as-sunderlands-cinema-reopening-leaves-less-to-moan-about-4622477

Not football related, but very, very funny, still not certain this is not a spoof site but all their other stuff looks like real news.

It kind of sums up their " city".

What The 

Reader ‘centricity’

Meanwhile, in completely unrelated news, we think Sunderland AFC personnel might not read this column. No, really.

Last week we dealt with the endlessly amusing topic of corporate gobbledegook. So did club bods peruse it?

Following news that a new club bigwig "aims to establish greater levels of leadership and ensure a renewed commitment to fan centricity can be fully embraced throughout the club", I think we should be told.

It's an opinion piece, so they've just let some random heed the ball write an extended letter to them and published it as an article I think. Doubt he was even paid for it. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

It's an opinion piece, so they've just let some random heed the ball write an extended letter to them and published it as an article. 

Yeah, but I love the irony that it's written to whinge about how much whingers whinge about things, and then admits no-one's actually whinged about the thing the whingeing article whinges whingers are going to whinge about, so the only whinger there is actually the whingeing author whingeing about whingeing.

Edited by Checko

A few loons are suggesting that the upcoming England game at SJP is down to Saudi bribery. A few sensible ones have pointed out that Riverside and SOL have also hosted England games but it's falling on deaf ears.

Their North Shields-born keeper Patterson was a childhood Toon fan, but is very diplomatic in terms of not mentioning it while talking about things like how he understands how much the derby means as a fan from up here, letting them assume he's always been an MLF. 

7 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Their North Shields-born keeper Patterson was a childhood Toon fan, but is very diplomatic in terms of not mentioning it while talking about things like how he understands how much the derby means as a fan from up here, letting them assume he's always been an MLF. 

It won't matter soon as he's off the Sheff Utd apparently 

13 minutes ago, Ben said:

It won't matter soon as he's off the Sheff Utd apparently 

Big improvement on Wes Foderingham who appeared to have won his appearances based off a cereal box competition.

34 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Also seen Rigg linked with Borussia Dortmund & Bayer Leverkusen. Feels like if we're ever going to get in on the ground floor for him, it needs to be this summer. 

Getting those cunts to sell him to us will be nigh on an impossible task unless Rigg rejects all other offers. Only way would to be to run his contract down to next summer. However, I fancy they’ll give him an ultimatum.

Is he (Rigg) able to join whoever he wants until he turns 17?  It would be a compensation fee for him. 

45 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Getting those cunts to sell him to us will be nigh on an impossible task unless Rigg rejects all other offers. Only way would to be to run his contract down to next summer. However, I fancy they’ll give him an ultimatum.

I still think its great that we're back in the mix for the best youngsters. Quite exciting to see what we could have in a few years when we've built our academy up. No longer fielding walking corpses during an injury crisis, instead turning to a young live wire with the world in front of them.

30 minutes ago, KDT said:

Is he (Rigg) able to join whoever he wants until he turns 17?  It would be a compensation fee for him. 

Is that not out the window if they've made "X" amount of 1st team starts? 

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

Is that not out the window if they've made "X" amount of 1st team starts? 

Hes still on a scholarship contract, getting starts just boosts the compo they get

As he was cheering on his boyhood club and watching a 17 year old Lewis Miley starting games in the Champions league, I'm sure Rigg was thinking how much better off he was failing to make the bench at a struggling Championship club that's had more managers in his lifetime than he's had birthdays. He'll surely also have taken note of how far young Jobe has progressed this season under the superb coaching setup at Sunderland and looked on RTG to see the encouraging and patient support that he receives from their loyal supporters while developing as a player.

He'll be itching to sign a long term professional contract with them I'm sure.

15 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Big improvement on Wes Foderingham who appeared to have won his appearances based off a cereal box competition.

Easily the third worst keeper in the league him (after Dubravka and Sels)

14 hours ago, UV said:

As he was cheering on his boyhood club and watching a 17 year old Lewis Miley starting games in the Champions league, I'm sure Rigg was thinking how much better off he was failing to make the bench at a struggling Championship club that's had more managers in his lifetime than he's had birthdays. He'll surely also have taken note of how far young Jobe has progressed this season under the superb coaching setup at Sunderland and looked on RTG to see the encouraging and patient support that he receives from their loyal supporters while developing as a player.

He'll be itching to sign a long term professional contract with them I'm sure.

Sign him up and loan him back to Sunderland, everyone's a winner.

Just now, OpenC said:

Is this lad any good, or are people wanting him signed primarily to infuriate Sunderland fans?

He's had decent Championship football exposure at 16-17 and very highly rated.