Newcastle United 0-1 Liverpool (30/04/2022)

Disco

Today feels like the kind of day we look back on in 2 years and are grateful. Howe will learn so much about how to counter the top teams and what we need in the transfer window. Another technical baller in centre mid, and a couple of comfortable in possession wide players to go with Tripps and Targett

Happy enough we are only 1 down but really don't see us getting anything from this game, ideally needed to take the game goalless deeper into the game

The moment we open up a bit more to chase the equaliser they'll easily pick us off and make it 2 or 3

Aside from losing concentration when not given the foul and getting caught out, we’ve mostly contained them, but we’re clearly second best here. We’re losing many 50/50 challenges, they just look stronger.

Need to be smarter 

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Considering we are still missing two of our top players in Wilson and Trippier, I have to say, I'm still impressed.

Howe has completely eradicated any fear in our players and that look of complete hopelessness and ineptitude against this level of competition.

We are competing out there and are actually trying to make a go of things.

Absolutely. It's just a lack of genuine class up front which is the glaring weakness for us.

2 minutes ago, greydos said:

Today feels like the kind of day we look back on in 2 years and are grateful. Howe will learn so much about how to counter the top teams and what we need in the transfer window. Another technical baller in centre mid, and a couple of comfortable in possession wide players to go with Tripps and Targett

I think we’re also missing a striker who can press.