Newcastle United 0-1 Liverpool (30/04/2022)

Disco

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Liverpool the best side here, professional display by them so far.

Yeah. We've improved leaps and bounds under Howe but we're still well behind these; arguably the best club side in the world. Not to mention playing strikerless. To get something from games like this as the underdog you do need the rub of the green and we don't look to be getting any of it today.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Saw a lad in the Bigg Market with Saudi Army and the number one printed in green on the back of his home top.:icon_puke_l:

Definitely not a Saudi national like.

Seen a lad with MBS 1 on his back too when I went to a game few months ago

Some people are just basic and cringe like that.

Just now, Novocastrian said:

Poor first half, we’ve been awful on the ball and we’ve not had if too often. ASM up front not working, we don’t seem to know how to put an attack together. This is Liverpool in first gear, we need to ramp up the intensity.

To be fair, folk say team x played shit v Newcastle without acknowledging how difficult we are to play against. Liverpool are like that, but it's like they're on PEDs.

4 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Joelinton tries to play the hard man too much

I know what you're saying, but there's something about the way he does it that doesn't annoy me as much.

He never takes it too far and gets sent off (although watch that happen today now ...), and I think it gives the team a bit of edge and toughness, and it can galvanize them all a bit.

Willock has let the game pass him by. I get that it's difficult in midfield against Liverpool, but you have to press them at least, not sure he's doing that. He's barely had a kick.

Just now, Tiresias said:

Liverpool are clearly the better side, very comfortable and just controlling the game. Decisions seem to be going Liverpools way but i don't think any of the decisions have actually been terrible tbh.

I mean I think the ref has been good tbh, is letting it flow when he can.

Most of the outrage on here seems to be about theoretical decisions that people think he'd give in certain situations that haven't happened in this game :lol:

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

Liverpool are clearly the better side, very comfortable and just controlling the game. Decisions seem to be going Liverpools way but i don't think any of the decisions have actually been terrible tbh.

Really shows the gulf in quality when they are looking so comfortable playing without Salah, Fabinho, TAAAA & Thiago.

Disappointing. Gifted them a goal by stopping after the "foul".

Liverpool look to be in second gear, but we're not making much traction. Nice pressing in the first 10-15, but it didn't last.

We need to change it up, and I hope Eddie does it soon.

The referees love protecting Liverpool! The Bruno shoulder on Mane is a foul but Jota’s thigh on Almiron isn’t? Where’s the consistency? That’s what we want ultimately. We can get at these second half I feel

9 minutes ago, Wullie said:

2 or 3 times now Liverpool have stopped us taking quick free kicks, every time it goes without punishment it pisses me off thinking about Robert vs Arsenal.

This and a few other things add up to make a big difference 

1 minute ago, Shak said:

I mean I think the ref has been good tbh, is letting it flow when he can.

Most of the outrage on here seems to be about theoretical decisions that people think he'd give in certain situations that haven't happened in this game :lol:

:lol: Guilty.