Newcastle United 0-1 Liverpool (30/04/2022)

Disco

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

Obvious gulf in class but we need to change tack here. Shelvey isn't protecting the defense and Joe is wasted out left so I'd hook baldy,bring Wood on and move Joe to the centre

Forces us to play Bruno too deep and he's the only one I can see actually producing something to get through them.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

To be fair, folk say team x played shit v Newcastle without acknowledging how difficult we are to play against. Liverpool are like that, but it's like they're on PEDs.

Not denying how difficult it is to play against a team like Liverpool but every time we’ve had the ball we’ve made bad decisions and given it away. We’ve not even posed them a problem yet which is disappointing.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Saw a lad in the Bigg Market with Saudi Army and the number one printed in green on the back of his home top.:icon_puke_l:

Definitely not a Saudi national like.

I imagine he's trolling all the people that keep trying to wind up Newcastle fans by constantly making out we now all love Saudi and approve of everything they do because they were part of buying a bloody football club. Never mind the fact some of them have been caught with tweets in the past wanting the Saudi's to buy their club. The whole thing is a farce. 

After 08-14 Barca they're one of the best teams I've ever seen. No shame in our performance so far, it just winds me up how teams that already have such a huge advantage always get the rub of the green from the refs. We all know why, it's just frustrating.

Liverpool are just a different beast, we started well but they just started to dictate play. Defensively we've been fine, offensively we're not able to find that pass. Still 1-0 means its all to play for.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There's evidently a massive gulf between the teams, but our effort and application has been good. We switched off once and were punished, while we've looked relatively toothless.

Considering we are still missing two of our top players in Wilson and Trippier, I have to say, I'm still impressed.

Howe has completely eradicated any fear in our players and that look of complete hopelessness and ineptitude against this level of competition.

We are competing out there and are actually trying to make a go of things.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

After 08-14 Barca they're one of the best teams I've ever seen. No shame in our performance so far, it just winds me up how teams that already have such a huge advantage always get the rub of the green from the refs. We all know why, it's just frustrating.

Yeah the team that Klopp has built over the last few years is phenomenal, so well drilled in all areas of the field. VVD has to be the best defender the premiership has had, I can't think of any I'd rate higher then him

Just now, Big Geordie said:

We’ve done ok - got to remember these are probs the best side in th world, along with Man City. It’s a learning curve for us, still. 👍

Agreed. Perspective needed, but I hope we can improve and give them a game second half.