Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Someone I know who works for the club said he’s generally just grumpy/moody. All the shit on Twitter is done by someone else.

Artist’s temperament. He’ll retire to rich sportsman’s equivalent of a Parisian garret, unfortunately without a ballon d’or gracing his mantelpiece. 

16 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Someone I know who works for the club said he’s generally just grumpy/moody. All the shit on Twitter is done by someone else.

I'm sure that this is absolutely true. :lol:

That being said I think there's definitely something to be said for the days where we had only the matches to form opinions of players, rather than getting anxious about a duff touch and a moody expression, captured during kickabouts on the training pitch. As much as I'm enjoying the content, it opens up the door to painful amounts of over-analysis at times. 

16 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm sure that this is absolutely true. :lol:

That being said I think there's definitely something to be said for the days where we had only the matches to form opinions of players, rather than getting anxious about a duff touch and a moody expression, captured during kickabouts on the training pitch. As much as I'm enjoying the content, it opens up the door to painful amounts of over-analysis at times. 

Oh aye, for all it’s interesting, you do see a truer reflection that leads to overanalysis.

FWIW the same person said Schär is similar. Perfectly pleasant to people but just doesn’t want to be the centre of attention and isn’t a joker, so naturally comes across as serious/moody.

I'd like to think that the press are going to get some decent access to the players and coaches over the next few days. We have barely heard from Eddie Howe since the end of the season.

Just now, STM said:

I'd like to think that the press are going to get some decent access to the players and coaches over the next few days. We have barely heard from Eddie Howe since the end of the season.

I kinda like that though. Dignified separation from the troops. 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

I kinda like that though. Dignified separation from the troops. 

Oh I agree. It's nice that they are getting space to get on. It's purely from a selfish point of view. More content please.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Hope said there’s a scheduled sit down with the media tomorrow. Don’t think he specified who exactly, but assumed he meant Howe.

10 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Looks like such a beautiful setting. Is their going to be a downpour as predicted? 

Hope you have a great afternoon/time. Maybe try and yodel the Blaydon Races! ? 

Accuweather has cloudy and dry, chance of a thunder dertorm about 6pm ish.

17 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Looks like such a beautiful setting. Is their going to be a downpour as predicted? 

Hope you have a great afternoon/time. Maybe try and yodel the Blaydon Races! ? 

It's well sunny so all good!