Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

This according to Eddie:

I do think it highlights the next two areas for strengthening - ideally someone who is going to come in, with pace, and challenge Fab from the start. You can apply exactly the same thinking to Tripps too. They’re two of the elder statesmen in the squad and expecting both to play at Eddieball pace for 50+ games isn’t going to be realistic.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Any news on that one?

It seemed very very precautionary rather than anything else. He wasn’t in any real pain or anything (at least that’s what it seemed like). 

I found the interchange of positions in attack really interesting and looks to be going one step further than last season.

I do think he might shift to a 4-2-3-1 going forward and having a front four that can be fluid with their position, with Bruno and Tonali playing a double pivot.

Tbh I think Big Joe can get a hard time getting in to the team. I mean look at Miley(!) and the potential of Tonali (beside of Bruno etc). For all the running he does, Joelinton seems to struggle in possession and lost the ball quite a fair bit. Yes I know the steel he brings. but to be fair, do he has a place in our best line up?

We seems to want to be more in controll of the ball this year and that not really his strength. Can he still be part of the first team and take us to the next level?

16 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

It's probably already been mentioned, but we really need to address the lack of pace at the back. 

Agree. Hate to see Burn at lb, he´s just to slow for me!

1 hour ago, pedro111 said:

Great play all round for the goal. The amount of Chelsea fans in that ground was sickening! :lol:

As much as it wants you to grab the puke bucket, it just shows how much time they've spent promoting themselves abroad 

This was always my biggest argument with Mike Ashley, even in the early years where plenty of our own fans were arguing how great Mike was (they will never admit it now, remember having a heated debate in the monkey bar 0-3 man utd where it seemed me and my mate were the only anti Ashley) that he put millions of his own money in, wiped out the debt and stopped us from 'doing a leeds'. In actual fact he shrunk the profile of the club to the point the rest of the world didn't know who Newcastle United were anymore. On an international stage that process of reversing his damage has probably only just begun