Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

Two great fixtures in the middle of my summer vacation? Had to book tickets for these. If I can't make it to Newcastle for some reason, I'll let someone on here take the tickets off my hands. Hopefully every seat will be filled.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Everything bar a few sections of Level 4 sold out for Bilbao now. Pretty likely they'll open Level 7, you'd imagine. 

Still boatloads left for Atalanta. 

Read last night that they'd sold 37,000 so far for Bilbao so with still over 3 weeks until the game that will be a certain sell out. Don't think Atalanta is selling as well. Might just scrape 40k for that one.

So when do they head to Austria and for how long?...and the same question for Portugal?

Do we have a full week after the Bilbao game, back on Tyneside, in the lead up to the start of the season?

38 minutes ago, STM said:

Interesting that Trippier, Schar, Botman and Targett were all training together in the gym. Coincidence?

Had same thought. Would make sense to group players into playing ‘units’ and build relationships. 

Tell you what, it's lovely seeing quality players knocking around the club. For once I was looking at them struggling to spot the players who are shite.

166 seats left before they open Level 7 for Bilbao, if the booking site is still accurate. Should be a decent occasion!

Atalanta looking more like a typical friendly turnout at this point but who knows, maybe it'll fill up as well. 

1 hour ago, SteV said:

We’ve not had 25k+ for a friendly since Keegan came back (31k). So fairly remarkable if we came anywhere close to selling out.

That the Valencia one? Good game, that. 

Back on the pitch today, season only four weeks away.

We’ll be starting a campaign at peak fitness, with a stronger squad, and an actual tactical plan for the first time in years. The improvements to the training ground won’t be too long in coming thereafter, you’d imagine.

Generally loads to be happy and positive about. Howay the fucking lads.

Today’s soundtrack: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/41VQLyazWLmDQup3xdPIgU?si=rsAWvc9VSFm6DcO8a0Qj_A