Pre-season (2024/25): Newcastle United vs Girona FC (9/8/24)

bowlingcrofty

They shall not pass. 

IMG_9019.thumb.jpeg.5437eec0fce4eafa2493e01f548d358c.jpeg

Levity aside, really hope it doesn’t descend into Battle of Cable Street like carnage. But there has been enough forewarning for an equally heavy police presence and enough anti-fascist people in the North East for it to do just that. 

Some of the latest posts on this thread are probably the most depressing I've read on here. We simply can't allow racist scum to stop decent people enjoying a Saturday in Newcastle.

The behaviour of the rioters that I've seen is absolutely cowardly, North East people are very proud of our city, and they may just get quite a shock if they upset the vast majority of decent people.

So apologies maybe revealing me not having been for a while but i'm going to this (racist fascist twats permitting) with mate and his kids, i have e-tickets all on my phone, this may be stupid question but having only used paper tickets in turnstyles previously we always just gave out the tickets, will the guy on turnstyles scan all my tickets and then let next 3 through on it?

Just now, Tiresias said:

So apologies maybe revealing me not having been for a while but i'm going to this (racist fascist twats permitting) with mate and his kids, i have e-tickets all on my phone, this may be stupid question but having only used paper tickets in turnstyles previously we always just gave out the tickets, will the guy on turnstyles scan all my tickets and then let next 3 through on it?

Scan one barcode let one person through, scan next barcode next person goes through etc.

They probably have an override button if they want to scan all three at once but not seen it done before.