Pre-season (2024/25): Newcastle United vs Girona FC (9/8/24)

bowlingcrofty

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

Aye, unfortunately it’s newcastle turn to throw themselves through the mud.

Would the police look to call the match off on safety grounds? 

Possibly. A few lads I know who were going to the match have had their rest days cancelled. 

Shite cos many were going with their bairns. 

Just an awful situation all round 

2 hours ago, Fak said:

They did on Friday too. Getting phone calls on their day off at 9pm at night asking them to get kitted out and go on shift. 

Would love it if all toon fans could stand alongside police and face the idiots 

Feel sorry for the poor sods coming over from Europe this weekend to support their teams. Cannit be cancelling the games last minute.

And I know it's less important but what the fuck would it do for out pre season prep.

Sela and PIF would be mortified. Anti Islam riots so games get cancelled. How would that ho down in Saudi.

Club needs to do something now.

2 hours ago, Slim said:

Only if we lose 

Little scrotes on Barrack Rd never need an excuse. Usually we head home that way. Another reason for me to avoid Saturday. 

10 hours ago, huss9 said:

If u wanted I would pick you guys up and drop u off at the ground.

Thanks for this really appreciate the kind offer!! Spoke to the mrs and think we will just do the late game on Friday and stay out of town on the Saturday! 

It’s kind of following us around at the moment, I’m from Nottingham and this Saturday gone was our turn to have these bloody riots! 

6 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

Thanks for this really appreciate the kind offer!! Spoke to the mrs and think we will just do the late game on Friday and stay out of town on the Saturday! 

It’s kind of following us around at the moment, I’m from Nottingham and this Saturday gone was our turn to have these bloody riots! 

😔

22 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

I'm Asian (Muslim) from the Midlands and going to SJP with my young kids (all under 7 - their first trip) next weekend. 
Any places I need to avoid? 
Any places I should check out? 

Is it better to go to the Girona game on the Friday so we avoid Newcastle city centre on the Saturday? 

I'm in the same boat mate. The Mrs has vetoed it though. Which is fair enough. Was a gonna be a surprise for the kids. 

Oh well next time then.

8 minutes ago, CheicksCalfs said:

I'm in the same boat mate. The Mrs has vetoed it though. Which is fair enough. Was a gonna be a surprise for the kids. 

Oh well next time then.

Unless we hire a geordie Asian crew minibus to get us in and out 

Really disappointing to see fans having to make a decision on whether they can come to a friendly, due to the city potentially being a warzone.

I really hope Newcastle is better than that, but get the feeling it'll be much of the same.

I'm going the Friday night with the bairn just incase, and I'm a caucasian Newcastle born and bred. I don't need my child to be fearful of a trip to a football match ffs.

Honestly can't see there being any bother, if there is it'll be confined to Westgate road way and they'll have their arses handed to them by the constabulary and the locals alike. Most won't tolerate it in and around the city centre, despite some of the obvious thicko's our support has. 

1 minute ago, mattypnufc said:

Honestly can't see there being any bother, if there is it'll be confined to Westgate road way and they'll have their arses handed to them by the constabulary and the locals alike. Most won't tolerate it in and around the city centre, despite some of the obvious thicko's our support has. 

The likelihood is it will spill into town though as there is far more damage and things to steal essentially.

Anyways, I don't want to derail this thread.

I'm at Girona match in barracks if anyone fancies a bit craic.

9 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

I'm the complete opposite - I sadly think it will be utter carnage - a week's notice for numpties from God knows where to prepare for it - I really hope I'm wrong but I'm literally dreading the footage -I'm so pleased I'm at a music festival as I think town will be horrific all day. Already seen on twitter groups from York, Leeds coming up on the train and making a full day of it.

My younger brothers are going to this; like me, they’re mulatto (although one could pass as a full-on white), is it safe for them to attend? Them saying stuff like “it’s fine, we’ve got hands for those idiots” isn’t helping to ease my worries! 

9 minutes ago, Paully said:

I'm the complete opposite - I sadly think it will be utter carnage - a week's notice for numpties from God knows where to prepare for it - I really hope I'm wrong but I'm literally dreading the footage -I'm so pleased I'm at a music festival as I think town will be horrific all day. Already seen on twitter groups from York, Leeds coming up on the train and making a full day of it.

Hope I'm right and your wrong :D 

I'd like to think our lot are some of the most tolerant and accepting people in the land....but as you say its arsewipes from other places coming up which might fuel the fire. 

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

My younger brothers are going to this; like me, they’re mulatto (although one could pass as a full-on white), is it safe for them to attend? Them saying stuff like “it’s fine, we’ve got hands for those idiots” isn’t helping to ease my worries! 

Honestly, I'd not like to advise either way.  I like to think we're better than this but this stuff seems more infectious with knob ends than the clap.

1 minute ago, mattypnufc said:

Hope I'm right and your wrong :D 

I'd like to think our lot are some of the most tolerant and accepting people in the land....but as you say its arsewipes from other places coming up which might fuel the fire. 

So do I pal - I'm dreading seeing footage of our beautiful city getting trashed by brain-dead idiots - hope you're 100% right and I'm wrong but yep, it's the ones from outside of town that worry me. 

Absolutely disgusting that we're in 2024 and people with brown/black skin are needing to ask openly if it's safe to attend a football match.

Fucking state of things, absolutely gutting that this is where we are.

Hopefully the news of those choosing to get involved with the trouble over this past week being remanded/sentenced quickly will prompt some to make the right decision. No doubt there'll be some who attend regardless but the younger one's need educating on what may be a life changing decision.

I hope this week is calmer and that this planned meeting is a lowly attended damp squib.

36 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Hopefully the news of those choosing to get involved with the trouble over this past week being remanded/sentenced quickly will prompt some to make the right decision. No doubt there'll be some who attend regardless but the younger one's need educating on what may be a life changing decision.

I hope this week is calmer and that this planned meeting is a lowly attended damp squib.

Really need the chronicle and the club getting involved. Chron need front page pictures of those getting charged, or even just pictured at the carnage in Sunderland.