General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Didn't really rate him. Used to think he was a bit weak for a big cb. Thought Dabizas was better, then Woodgate obviously. Agree with rating Hughes, thought we were stupid to let him go.

My family absolutely hated Titus though.

Stand out memories include him putting one in the mackems net, getting smacked in the face with the ball at Man Utd and generally just always running round with one arm in the air.

Was class in that robbed of win at OT.

That’s not our Andy O’Brien is it? [emoji38]

She’s punching if so...

How did people rate him btw? I always wanted Hughes in ahead of him who I loved and obviously Bramble had insane ability for a CB but was thick as shit. O’Brien was a steady eddy and I’m sure he would rock up at training in some shitty banger and lived in a normal semi while the likes of Shola’s crib was being robbed by party people. Ah, fucking good days to be following our mad club back then like. Felt like we were on the verge of something special and then along come Abramovic...

I was only young at the time, so my recollection of events may not be that good. However I feel that our defence was the weakest aspect of the squad, the likes of O-Brien, Hughes, Griffin et el were not as good as the rest of the squad. Bernard was great, but everyone else in defence was rubbish, well not rubbish but standard Premier League players back then when the rest of the squad was one of the better teams. Had we have a defence to match the rest of the squad then we might have taken that final step and won something, even if it was just through a cup run.

I agree. Put our defence now in that team and we would probably have won something.

We should have brought Woodgate in from Leeds years earlier, Southgate at Aston Villa would also have been good acquisition, both of them highly rated at the time. Even a young-ish John Terry would have been a signing that wouldn’t have been beyond us.

That’s not our Andy O’Brien is it? [emoji38]

She’s punching if so...

How did people rate him btw? I always wanted Hughes in ahead of him who I loved and obviously Bramble had insane ability for a CB but was thick as shit. O’Brien was a steady eddy and I’m sure he would rock up at training in some shitty banger and lived in a normal semi while the likes of Shola’s crib was being robbed by party people. Ah, fucking good days to be following our mad club back then like. Felt like we were on the verge of something special and then along come Abramovic...

I was only young at the time, so my recollection of events may not be that good. However I feel that our defence was the weakest aspect of the squad, the likes of O-Brien, Hughes, Griffin et el were not as good as the rest of the squad. Bernard was great, but everyone else in defence was rubbish, well not rubbish but standard Premier League players back then when the rest of the squad was one of the better teams. Had we have a defence to match the rest of the squad then we might have taken that final step and won something, even if it was just through a cup run.

I agree. Put our defence now in that team and we would probably have won something.

We should have brought Woodgate in from Leeds years earlier, Southgate at Aston Villa would also have been good acquisition, both of them highly rated at the time. Even a young-ish John Terry would have been a signing that wouldn’t have been beyond us.

I remember we were linked with Terry before we got Woodgate.

I think we would have struggled to tempt Woodgate any earlier, Leeds looked likely to bring on serious silverware for a couple of seasons pre turning rubbish and bankrupt

Stand out memories include him putting one in the mackems net, getting smacked in the face with the ball at Man Utd and generally just always running round with one arm in the air.

Was class in that robbed of win at OT.

Nowts each.

Comma fail.

Wish we'd go back to the old version of Blaydon Races pre-match. Not a fan of the supporter-lead version this season.

Wish we'd go back to the old version of Blaydon Races pre-match. Not a fan of the supporter-lead version this season.

I can't stand that Premier League music they play pre-game. Guess they are obliged to play it but it's awful

I can't stand that Premier League music they play pre-game. Guess they are obliged to play it but it's awful

How dare you not like the handshake music. It's so uplifting and corporate. Makes me horny for the EPL. Not just the PL. Magic E...PL.

Some decent trains left on that day for anyone planning on heading down.

Is it on Sky? It's not really clear.

Originally the article said the game will be shown on Sky, however its been removed for some reason.

Guest chicken little

for some reason there is a twitter bot that spews out 4-4-2 lineups of random nufc players from across time (occasionally with a link to a german bank attached, for reasons i do not understand). for example: