General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

8 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed that ?

My personal favourite was also Almiron against Palace but a bit surprised so many voted for it as well. That camera angle of the goal when Hayden is speaking near the end is lush like

Do you know all six verses @TheGuv? I’ve slightly tweaked verse 3, so it makes more sense (“‘Cept those that had their nose’s broke went back owa yhem” — doesn’t work as singer broke his nose and continued on to Blaydon. So “some that had their noses broke went back owa yhem; some to the dispensary, some to Dr Gibbs [not fecking Gibbs’s], and some sort oot the infirmary to mend their broken ribs. Oh! Me lads!…” works better). While I’m on a one, the ‘accepted’ version of Cushy Butterfield is also wrong. Her “bedgoon isn’t lilac,” it should be/was “her bedgoon is her laylock”.  An old English term for a padded jacket and in line with piss taking of dirty stockings, hat’s never stright, eyes like two burnt holes in a blanket, etc ).  Glad I’ve got that off my chest. More songs ?‍♂️(Sorry @LV)

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Do you know all six verses @TheGuv? I’ve slightly tweaked verse 3, so it makes more sense (“‘Cept those that had their nose’s broke went back owa yhem” — doesn’t work as singer broke his nose and continued on to Blaydon. So “some that had their noses broke went back owa yhem; some to the dispensary, some to Dr Gibbs [not fecking Gibbs’s], and some sort oot the infirmary to mend their broken ribs. Oh! Me lads!…” works better). While I’m on a one, the ‘accepted’ version of Cushy Butterfield is also wrong. Her “bedgoon isn’t lilac,” it should be/was “her bedgoon is her laylock”.  An old English term for a padded jacket and in line with piss taking of dirty stockings, hat’s never stright, eyes like two burnt holes in a blanket, etc ).  Glad I’ve got that off my chest. More songs ?‍♂️(Sorry @LV)

I do indeed @Coffee_Johnny.

I would love it if we as a fan base could perhaps learn the second verse, which in my opinion is the best!

Cushy Butterfield is also a classic - I had no idea the correct wording wasn't lilac mind! I've been singing that wrong for a while then...

3 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I’ll allow this because it’s a real song with local cultural references and also contains corrections to missung words. Also has etymological references to Old English terms.

9/10

3 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

1974 FA cup extra verse if my failing memory serves me correctly

100 years have past and gone since the journey was first taken

Alang the Scotswood  road we'ed gan to that little town called Blaydon 

Ridley composed the verses and the Leazes End all sang em

Now everybody's come to to know 

The Geordie's national anthem 

22 hours ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

1974 FA cup extra verse if my failing memory serves me correctly

100 years have past and gone since the journey was first taken

Alang the Scotswood  road we'ed gan to that little town called Blaydon 

Ridley composed the verses and the Leazes End all sang em

Now everybody's come to to know 

The Geordie's national anthem 

That's class

10 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

Just passed the entrance to the training ground. A wagon was exiting full to the brim with rubble.

Thought we'd sacked Bruce ages ago.

7 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Might as well pair Jose up with "Post-cancer" Jonas

Iconic moment and a rare fill-up during the Ashley abyss. Definitely needs a homecoming visit on a matchday. Hopefully wearing a "Fuck Ashley" T-shirt