General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Lots of talk in other threads re what is realistic in terms of finishing position next season. I thought I would see where we would have finished if the season started at Xmas (in comparison to actual top 8 finishers). League table below (games played, points accrued since Xmas, followed by average points per game; which is used to determine league position for 2022 games):

Liverpool 18, 50, 2.78

Man City 17, 40, 2.35

NUFC…….19, 39, 2.05 

Spurs…….20, 38, 1.90

Arsenal….18, 34, 1.89

Chelsea…17, 31, 1.82

Man Utd..19, 27, 1.42

Leicester 20, 27, 1.35

WestHam 18, 22, 1.22

Incredible. Best New Manager Bounce ever?

Guest HTT II
59 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Black and white love fest live from Glastonbury on the i player at the minute, shirts and flags aal ower the place.

Mag behaviour marra!

On 23/06/2022 at 18:25, HaydnNUFC said:

Our all time XIs are always so PL biased. I know that many or anyone never saw the likes of Gallacher, McCraken, Veitch or Hudspeth but that they never get mentioned is testament to a real lack of knowledge a lot of our fanbase have with our history pre-Keegan. Especially pre-Harvey (as manager). But wor fatha reckons Craig should be in over Barton and would have Macdonald over Milburn though that will be due to inherent bias due to Macdonald being his first hero.

It's perfectly reasonable to not pick players you haven't seen play. Otherwise it would be NUFCs statistically speaking best XI

Guest neesy111
On 25/06/2022 at 13:55, Kid Icarus said:

He was apparently desperate to join us after West Ham, SBR wanted him and FS instead went for the 'name' option with Nicky Butt.

Just another daft decision in Newcastle's history.

Yeap, however for his career its best for him it turned out that way.

Do we have a media/journalists thread? I thought we had one but couldn't find it.

Anyway, I was looking for somewhere to whinge about Luke Edwards being a relentless cunt. Every take he has, ever bit of news, every 'scoop', every article is the most smarmy, snidey shite ever and often totally wrong. Botman signing really is fuck all like Cabaye and Sissoko like other than they're players from the French league.

He's the worst journalist ever to cover us like. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Do we have a media/journalists thread? I thought we had one but couldn't find it.

Anyway, I was looking for somewhere to whinge about Luke Edwards being a relentless cunt. Every take he has, ever bit of news, every 'scoop', every article is the most smarmy, snidey shite ever and often totally wrong. Botman signing really is fuck all like Cabaye and Sissoko like other than they're players from the French league.

Simple, stop sharing/reposting his shite!

Guest HTT II
Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

No. I'd like to continue calling him out for being a doyle thanks.

Do that’s nd I’m all for it, but just don’t share his ‘content’, the quicker people stop doing that the sooner he dies!

4 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

he is the absolute pits like. I bet he's got no mates.