General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

4 minutes ago, McDog said:

I would assume going to matches is not a right, I mean it is a private business. Can't you get banned from Tesco for raising hell for example? In the USA it's called being trespassed and you try and enter, you get arrested.

Tbf, as @Jack27 points out, looks like a fake account anyway.

Is there a way of contacting Serena about a photo she's taken? I'm sure she got one of my and my boy in Melbourne and I'd love to see it. Is it just a case of simply dropping her a DM on Instagram?

Just now, Izakaya said:

Is there a way of contacting Serena about a photo she's taken? I'm sure she got one of my and my boy in Melbourne and I'd love to see it. Is it just a case of simply dropping her a DM on Instagram?

Yeah, I’d say that’s as good a way as any.

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yeah, I’d say that’s as good a way as any.

Just tried there and I can't DM her unless she follows me and comments on her posts are limited. I'll try emailing the club 👍

Just now, Izakaya said:

Just tried there and I can't DM her unless she follows me and comments on her posts are limited. I'll try emailing the club 👍

She’s on twitter I think if you have that. 

Why on mobile does the club website continue to default to the desktop version every single time I go on there.

Yes I've unchecked the box. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just read that the Stack are unable to show 3pm games still. I thought it was going to be considered as on stadium grounds so could host them like Shearer's Bar does. That's disappointing.

Was always going to be a stretch for them to claim that given it’s literally on the other side of the road.

20 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

OTD in 2009 on facebook I posted excitedly

'Toon might actually get sold?!'

Just another 12 years :lol:

Feel like there’s been a slight rewrite of history on our first PL relegation and the summer that followed.

Now people act like it was a no-brainer we were coming back up, but that close season was awful and the club felt neglected. Lots of talk about admin and another relegation. Memories that quickly pop into my mind: 6-1 at Leyton Orient and the club releasing a statement asking anybody who wanted to buy the club to simply shoot them over an email.

I remember Mick Lowes hosting some crisis thing from the Irish centre live on Metro and to his credit, being alone (and heckled) when he said we might comfortably win the league. 

45 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Feel like there’s been a slight rewrite of history on our first PL relegation and the summer that followed.

Now people act like it was a no-brainer we were coming back up, but that close season was awful and the club felt neglected. Lots of talk about admin and another relegation. Memories that quickly pop into my mind: 6-1 at Leyton Orient and the club releasing a statement asking anybody who wanted to buy the club to simply shoot them over an email.

I remember Mick Lowes hosting some crisis thing from the Irish centre live on Metro and to his credit, being alone (and heckled) when he said we might comfortably win the league. 

Sort of. You're right there were very dark ideas around at the time - to be honest I was shocked at how defeatist many were. I always thought we should do well, but obviously, should is different to would.

It was basically a case of whether we'd shake our heads and get out of it. That's why Chris Hughton deserves so much respect. He filtered out those who weren't up for it and quickly got everyone - squad and support - to focus on the fundamentals - what they could control and how they would be remembered. The club went up that year the most united it had been since the first Keegan years, doing it regardless of Ashley's presence. It's why I was so appalled at how he was treated the following season.

Sensing that other fans and the media aren't really rating us for next season. Most seem to have us around 7th.

Guardian currently predicting;

1. Arse

2. -

3. -

4. -

5. -

6. Villa

7. Chelsea

I'd expect they'll have City, Pool and Spurs in 3 of those remaining 4 spots,  leaving either us or Man U predicted for 8th.

We are definitely being slept on. I think if you ran a poll of other fans you'd have as many people saying Howe gets sacked as us replicating what we did two seasons ago. 

5 hours ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Sensing that other fans and the media aren't really rating us for next season. Most seem to have us around 7th.

Guardian currently predicting;

1. Arse

2. -

3. -

4. -

5. -

6. Villa

7. Chelsea

I'd expect they'll have City, Pool and Spurs in 3 of those remaining 4 spots,  leaving either us or Man U predicted for 8th.

Of last season's top 8, I reckon this will be the highest and lowest each club could finish.

Man City : 1st - 2nd

Arsenal : 1st - 3rd

Liverpool : 2nd - 5th

Aston Villa : 4th - 8th

Spurs : 5th - 8th

Chelsea : 3rd - 7th

Newcastle : 4th - 8th

Man Utd : 4th - 8th

Think there's a fairly clear top 2, with Liverpool who could jump up a spot or drop 1-2 places depending on how they get over Klopp. The 1-2 other CL slots are fairly open. 

36 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Of last season's top 8, I reckon this will be the highest and lowest each club could finish.

Man City : 1st - 2nd

Arsenal : 1st - 3rd

Liverpool : 2nd - 5th

Aston Villa : 4th - 8th

Spurs : 5th - 8th

Chelsea : 3rd - 7th

Newcastle : 4th - 8th

Man Utd : 4th - 8th

Think there's a fairly clear top 2, with Liverpool who could jump up a spot or drop 1-2 places depending on how they get over Klopp. The 1-2 other CL slots are fairly open. 

I think you’re being generous to Liverpool. If the Slot experiment doesn’t go to plan and they have a rough time with injuries and fixture congestion then it could be lower than 5th.

Would also box Chelsea in as an unknown quantity with Maresca new to the role.

I think they'd be a cert for top 4 if they weren't a bit of a basket case. They've bought too much quality to finish any lower than 7th I reckon. 

We could definitely do with a strong European showing this season to give us 5 CL slots, though.