General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Actually if I'm understanding that correctly, it has 4th as our most likely position (marginally). But when putting it into a table, it has Chelsea as having a higher chance of 4th than us.

Gives us a 1/4 chance of being in top 4 basically. 

Edited by Superior Acuña

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Load of shite, I can't see West, Spurs and Chelsea finishing above us 

Spurs will. Chelsea probably will too just by throwing another billion at it. West Ham are a slight concern too now they have a functioning manager.

all depends on the next two weeks.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Spurs will. Chelsea probably will too just by throwing another billion at it. West Ham are a slight concern too now they have a functioning manager.

all depends on the next two weeks.

8th is a joke , I am not seeing Spurs and Chelsea above us at all, Spurs only finished 6 points ahead of us last season and that was after they had a brilliant start to the season and we had everything possible go against us all season long with injuries. Chelsea only finished 3 points ahead of us last season and now have a worse manager and are probably going to rely on Palmer scoring a daft amount of goals again. I really think people are underestimating us after last season. 

45 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

8th is a joke , I am not seeing Spurs and Chelsea above us at all, Spurs only finished 6 points ahead of us last season and that was after they had a brilliant start to the season and we had everything possible go against us all season long with injuries. Chelsea only finished 3 points ahead of us last season and now have a worse manager and are probably going to rely on Palmer scoring a daft amount of goals again. I really think people are underestimating us after last season. 

Maybe, but Wilson is another year older, Tonali has had a year without playing a match, Botman and lascelles on long term injuries, no sign of a replacement for Almiron.

we’re relying massively on not having any injuries. Anything to Schar, Pope or Isak and we’re absolutely screwed. 

bringing in an unproven striker and yet another left sided defender hasn’t exactly strengthened us imo. 

on the plus side, Hall looks absolutely class so hopefully that’s the left back spot finally sorted.

Phil McNulty has us ninth: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cdrlyg088r5o

Strange summer at Newcastle United, with churn backstage caused by the departure of Amanda Staveley from the boardroom and the arrival of Paul Mitchell as sporting director following Dan Ashworth's move to Manchester United.

The European football Newcastle thought they had was taken away by Manchester United's FA Cup final win over Manchester City, while profit and sustainability rules (PSR) meant the reluctant sales of Elliot Anderson to Nottingham Forest and Yankuba Minteh to Brighton respectively.

And then came the revelation that the departure of last season's star man and England winger Anthony Gordon to Liverpool had even been discussed to raise funds until other players left.

Throw in the speculation linking manager Eddie Howe with England and it has hardly been plain sailing on Tyneside.

However, if Newcastle can get a deal for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi, arguably England's best player at Euro 2024, over the line then the club and the Toon Army will feel a lot better about themselves.

Top 10 but still some uncertainty at Newcastle United.

I do think people are massively overblowing how "Turbulent" our summer was.

35 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Maybe, but Wilson is another year older, Tonali has had a year without playing a match, Botman and lascelles on long term injuries, no sign of a replacement for Almiron.

we’re relying massively on not having any injuries. Anything to Schar, Pope or Isak and we’re absolutely screwed. 

bringing in an unproven striker and yet another left sided defender hasn’t exactly strengthened us imo. 

on the plus side, Hall looks absolutely class so hopefully that’s the left back spot finally sorted.

That's it. It wouldn't at all be surprising is Isak suffers another groin issue, Pope has further shoulder issues or a couple of hamstrings go in defence. With a very average right side, we're highly vulnerable to a couple of key losses elsewhere.

55 minutes ago, gbandit said:

We’re being massively underestimated, it’s a good thing

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. We battered Spurs at St James and did the double over Villa but the way pundits go on. You’d think we’re light years away from them never mind the top 3. 

11 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

7th is par, given we've the 7th most expensive squad, 7th most highly valued squad and finished 7th last season. I think we can nudge up a couple of places though. 5th would be ideal and should get CL this time. 

I get what you’re saying but surely 7th means the project has significantly stalled / gone backwards? The owner said 12 months ago he expected us to be in the top 4.