General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

11 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Not surprised, sure he was doing loads of exaggerated saves

Yeah you could tell he was milking the moment, being a rare appearance for him.

Had some keeping entertainment that season between him Schmeihcel and Vinnie Jones.

13 minutes ago, Paully said:

Sure it was the Monday night after that Cantona and Schmeichel Monday night?

I'll die on the hill that this game was more one sided than the 5-0 the following season. Which just makes me think that Keane is clueless as an analyst of the game, given the fact he continually downplays Schmiechel's impact on that Man Utd side. Put Schmiechel into that Newcastle team and Man Utd don’t get within 20 points of us that season. 

9 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Think there was a frustrating fortnight or more delay before we could get it out of our system through the FA Cup/internationals. Poor West Ham faced all that wrath.  Tino's assists and goal are sublime.

re Hayden's post in KI's above:None from 1994-95 or 1996-97 outside of highlights. Your best bet is probably Footballia, they have a few I think.

is someone looking for full games of ours or from Italy for those two seasons? I've got quite a few from each category

Aye, I'm looking for basically everything. The two main ones off the top of my head are the Sheff Wed away one which was the first time I saw Ginola, and the Boro at home match where he had Neil Cox's life. Honestly, pretty much anything that there is would be massively appreciated though. What have you got them on? Video?

20 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Aye, I'm looking for basically everything. The two main ones off the top of my head are the Sheff Wed away one which was the first time I saw Ginola, and the Boro at home match where he had Neil Cox's life. Honestly, pretty much anything that there is would be massively appreciated though. What have you got them on? Video?

If you can get the Bolton away game do it for Ginola. Like the Boro game but better.

31 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

I'll die on the hill that this game was more one sided than the 5-0 the following season. Which just makes me think that Keane is clueless as an analyst of the game, given the fact he continually downplays Schmiechel's impact on that Man Utd side. Put Schmiechel into that Newcastle team and Man Utd don’t get within 20 points of us that season. 

Could probably say that about Cantona as well tbf. Look at this for a run at the crucial part of the season 🤮:

IMG_0401.thumb.jpeg.9b9148e2d85172d6902c880fdc179bcf.jpeg

Edited by SteV

11 minutes ago, SteV said:

Could probably say that about Cantona as well tbf. Look at this for a run at the crucial part of the season 🤮:

Cheers for making this miserable Friday even more miserable ha ha!

That Spurs game was on TV on the Sunday and they got battered - bastards!

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I've got both of those. Sheffield Wed is unconverted from video but know where you could get a DVD of it and Boro on DVD in full and the Match of the Day extended highlights on video. Basically that season I think all the televised matches plus away Boro, Bolton, Arsenal LC, Liverpool LC, Stoke LC, QPR and home Leeds, Forest, Boro, Man City, QPR, Liverpool h. Some aren't in English and some have no commentary at all.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

No arguments from me on that, but I’d argue Beardsley was just as effective for us, I honestly wouldn’t change any of our players from that team for any of theirs, with the exception of Schmeichel. As mean as it feels speaking ill of Pav who's obviously no longer with us. Schmeichel in my opinion was just so much better than every other keeper in the PL, Flowers was probably the closest, but I’d argue there was still a sizeable gap.

Edited by Ghandis Flip-Flop

3 minutes ago, Jonas said:

I've got both of those. Sheffield Wed is unconverted from video but know where you could get a DVD of it and Boro on DVD in full and the Match of the Day extended highlights on video. Basically that season I think all the televised matches plus away Boro, Bolton, Arsenal LC, Liverpool LC, Stoke LC, QPR and home Leeds, Forest, Boro, Man City, QPR, Liverpool h. Some aren't in English and some have no commentary at all.

Wew, so the motherlode basically. Incredible. 

I have a VHS to digital converter if you'd be comfortable with lending me them? Totally understand if you don't mind, they're obviously treasured possessions. Of course I'd be able to send you back the digital versions of them along with your videos as well, that way they'll never degrade. 

1 hour ago, madras said:

If you can get the Bolton away game do it for Ginola. Like the Boro game but better.

Think he was born that night. That Nelinho type effort with the outside of his right foot.

Watched that in the Platinum Club, hottest day/night of the hottest summer then on record, windows open but actually hotter out than in and the bar ran dry.

Got a bunch of PSG games just to watch that slick b*stard

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Wew, so the motherlode basically. Incredible. 

I have a VHS to digital converter if you'd be comfortable with lending me them? Totally understand if you don't mind, they're obviously treasured possessions. Of course I'd be able to send you back the digital versions of them along with your videos as well, that way they'll never degrade. 

If your local we could probably sort something out, they do need converted. Quite a few are on DVD now I should have mentioned. I'll PM over a list and a link to somewhere that should have most of them

31 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Think he was born that night. That Nelinho type effort with the outside of his right foot.

Watched that in the Platinum Club, hottest day/night of the hottest summer then on record, windows open but actually hotter out than in and the bar ran dry.

Got a bunch of PSG games just to watch that slick b*stard

If that had gone in it would've been the best goal I'd seen live. Great day out as well.

Yesterday was the seventh game in a row we’ve scored at least two.

Haven’t bothered checking but feels like that can’t be a very common occurrence? 

Maybe in the Championship seasons?

11 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yesterday was the seventh game in a row we’ve scored at least two.

Haven’t bothered checking but feels like that can’t be a very common occurrence? 

Maybe in the Championship seasons?

Aye, October-November in 2016/17.

On 09/02/2024 at 12:09, Paully said:

Great lad is Ian goes to a lot of aways on Davy Abbots bus from the Chapel Park. He sits near me in the Gallowgate too - and is one of the politicians who genuinely cares about his constituents. If only there were more like him.

5 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

A record of our results in cup competitions where we have reached  the QF or better.

IMG_7935.thumb.jpeg.3328dea033e90663d0c1a39acab765ca.jpeg
IMG_7936.thumb.jpeg.750cbb2d94a7e5f3d9c7e3ec108ad762.jpeg

Did we not get stuffed in an FA cup semi v Man Utd in Cardiff circa 2004? Happy to wipe it from my memory of course.

12 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Did we not get stuffed in an FA cup semi v Man Utd in Cardiff circa 2004? Happy to wipe it from my memory of course.

Was Alkmaar not a QF too? 

Likewise happy to not think about it again.

Benfica's not in either. Speaking of Lisbon and collapsing. 

6 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Was Alkmaar not a QF too? 

Likewise happy to not think about it again.

Last 16. Alkmaar got knocked out by Werder Bremen in the quarters.

34 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Yep, thanks. 1-4, season before the QF defeat to Chelsea. I’ll edit it in later.