General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Just now, James said:

I am trembling with rage here, it is like the club have no awareness of what our biggest problem this season has been

you can say that again! 

4 minutes ago, James said:

I am trembling with rage here, it is like the club have no awareness of what our biggest problem this season has been

Serious or joking? It's a PR exercise, the matches will be exhibition games at best, probably without players going to the Euros.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Serious or joking? It's a PR exercise, the matches will be exhibition games at best, probably without players going to the Euros.

not quite trembling with rage (one of my old forum highlights) but it has raised an eyebrow, and not Roger Moore style.

Let’s not kid ourselves that it will be fringe players - we’ll be bringing whatever 14 players are barely fit.

that means Botman, Longstaff, Willock, and a bunch of other knackered players 

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

couple of million for the transfer kitty?

Definitely. Probably an accounting reason to play it before June 1st also possibly.

Not sure where to post this but we desperately need a few good news stories at the club right now. Could do with some news about club infrastructure and plans etc. This has been a really dispiriting time as a fan 

I've passed a few clips of the old Masters tournaments today and it got me thinking what could be a fun, somewhat realistic squad if we entered now. As far as I'm aware the only rules are 35 years old plus, 6 starters 2 subs. I've settled on the following:

GK - Given

Def - Colo & Hughes

Mid - Cabaye & Robert

Fwd - Shearer (but I'm sure he won't pick up the phone so I'll draft in Cisse for the screamers)

Subs - Perch (gotta get some mediocre versatility in there) & HBA (if he doesn't pick up his phone either Jonas)