General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest Howaythetoon

Cole as much as he was my idol would be way down the list off all-time greatest PL strikers, if not goalscorers. Shearer was on another level and so was Sir Les who wasn’t anywhere near as good as Shearer even, that’s how good Big Al was.

Just out of interest, how long do we reckon we have going on about Beardsley and Lee et al before we start sounding like your granda banging on about Reginald Shoesmith who scored a hat trick against blackpool in 1931?

Getting on over 20 years now....

Guest reefatoon

Schar >>>>> Wijnaldum

Toughest choice in there.

7 is Jenas? :harry:

I almost picked Sissoko.  :-X

Have you heard of a man named Keegan?

Updated  ;)

1. Given

2. Coloccinni

3. Jose Enrique

4. Solano

5. Schar

6. Lascelles

7. Keegan

8. Beardsley

9. Shearer

10. Ben Arfa

11. Speed

Not too bad a team. I’d have Gascoigne in at 8 and Beardsley in at 10

Cole as much as he was my idol would be way down the list off all-time greatest PL strikers, if not goalscorers. Shearer was on another level and so was Sir Les who wasn’t anywhere near as good as Shearer even, that’s how good Big Al was.

Disagree on Sir Les. Missing in action from xmas to end of season 96. Cole was unreal for us.

Andy Cole was brilliant, better than ferdinand was for us

scored some cracking goals for us, especially that one against chelsea when that goalie who wore joggers was in nets

Agreed. Dimitri Kharine?

Andy Cole was brilliant, better than ferdinand was for us

scored some cracking goals for us, especially that one against chelsea when that goalie who wore joggers was in nets

Agreed. Dimitri Kharine?

Weaker foot n all, aye.

Guest Howaythetoon

Saying Les was on another level to Cole is very harsh like, Cole was an absolute goal machine. He was an incredible finisher.

I meant in an all-round way, Cole was the better finisher. Actually Cole was underrated, watch the clips from his time here. We best Barnsley 6-0 I think in the pro,option season and he was world-class and we played the best football I’ve ever seen us play that game.

Saying Les was on another level to Cole is very harsh like, Cole was an absolute goal machine. He was an incredible finisher.

I meant in an all-round way, Cole was the better finisher. Actually Cole was underrated, watch the clips from his time here. We best Barnsley 6-0 I think in the pro,option season and he was world-class and we played the best football I’ve ever seen us play that game.

John Beresford scored his 1st goal for us that night iirc. Think it was a penalty. Agree some of the football we played was unbelievable.

Guest godzilla

Schar >>>>> Wijnaldum

Toughest choice in there.

7 is Jenas? :harry:

I almost picked Sissoko.  :-X

Have you heard of a man named Keegan?

Updated  ;)

1. Given

2. Coloccinni

3. Jose Enrique

4. Solano

5. Schar

6. Lascelles

7. Keegan

8. Beardsley

9. Shearer

10. Ben Arfa

11. Speed

Not too bad a team. I’d have Gascoigne in at 8 and Beardsley in at 10

Woodgate would be my 1st choice defender and Lascelles and Schar would not be in. Agree about Gasgoigne and I'd have Tony Green in place of Speed although there is certainly an argument for Lee also. Keegan was great but from what I saw Supermac would be in with Shearer. Ben Arfa had the talent but for me was too hit and miss to be in and would certainly have Beardsley in the number 10 role. Not sure about Enrique either did a decent job but in an all time team I'm not sure. Obviously anything before the 70s I can't comment as never seen the players in real life.

Guest godzilla

Green wore number 8 not 10?

Read it again I said Beardsley in the 10 role, but really do numbers come into it anyway

Guest godzilla

Read it again I said Beardsley in the 10 role, but really do numbers come into it anyway

I think they do. In this specific instance.

Disagree it's position not numbers in my mind

Yeah, well in my mind I've read the fucking question.

Guest godzilla

Yeah, well in my mind I've read the f***ing question.

So did I but how can you have an all time team based on shirt numbers man  :lol: :lol:

So did I but how can you have an all time team based on shirt numbers man  :lol: :lol:

I've no idea, but I believe it involves a long period of self-restraint.

Guest godzilla

I've no idea, but I believe it involves a long period of self-restraint.

O0