General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

People always bring up Cacapa, but I still think it's unfair tbh. We played an aging, slow defender in a high line defence against strong, pacey players, and it's his fault that he was out-paced and out-muscled?

I know it all plays into it, but I don't really consider that an individual bad performance really, mainly because that Allardyce set up was suicidal. You have to be up to it in the first place, be able to take shit tactics out of the equation and then play badly for it to really count imo. Cacapa was just a previously good player that was past it and had his lack of pace badly exposed. A player has to make stupid decisions, not complete passes, miss sitters etc for it to be truly apocalyptic. For me no one comes close to Kenedy away to Cardiff. He could have only been worse if lack of effort factored into it too. Ironically, if it had have, we'd have probably won too. Didn't complete a pass IIRC, lost the ball constantly and in really stupid areas, then went on to miss a penalty. It was like he had a bet on.

He was actually pretty good up to that point. I remember him at home to Spurs where he was class.

Had to read up on this one a bit :lol: He was 31 years old, so not sure age can be used as an excuse but apparently he was struggling with an strain injury. His next match against Fulham he got MOTM.

Portsmouth lined up in a 4-5-1 with Benjani as a lone striker. Only speed merchant in their team was John Utaka on the wing.

Benjani was rapid at Portsmouth (85 acceleration and pace on Fifa iirc :lol:) and we still played a stupidly high line with a slow defender over 30, like. I'd say it's fair to say the set up was suicidal.

Cacapa had 78 accelleration and 80 pace on Fifa, wtf is your point? :lol: No matter how poor or good, old or young, slow or fast he was, in that particular game he played awful and shipped 3 goals in the space of 11 minutes and got rightly subbed.

Match report:

Newcastle can have no complaints after some diabolical defending particularly from Brazilian centre-back Capaca, who was hauled off after only 18 minutes to be replaced by David Rozehnal.

...But after the sublime came the ridiculous when, a minute later, Cacapa hesitated and was easily shoulder-barged out of the way by Benjani, who then curled in a sweet left-foot volley.

And two minutes later, Utaka repeated the trick, muscling past the shell-shocked Cacapa before rounding keeper Steve Harper and slotting into an empty net.

First goal came due to a poor Butt clearance from a corner, so none of the goals had anything directly to do with a high line necessarily.

If the ':lol:' didn't give it away, I wasn't being entirely serious, but Benjani was still fast - certainly faster than Cacapa - and we still played a suicidal high line, so I'm not sure why you have such a bee in your bonnet about the suggestion that Sam Allardyce's shit tactics might have been to blame, when Cacapa was old, slow, new to the league, and had other performances where he wasn't badly exposed and played well. It's hardly outlandish. Your last sentence is just wrong, you've picked one goal in a 4-1 loss and then claimed that none of the goals had anything to do with a high line? The other two goals when Cacapa was on the field were due to a high line, because they were nigh on identical goals.

It's ok to admit when you're wrong man, just give it a rest.

Why is Burnley on it's own?

Presumably because they had a special offer on for the Family Enclosure. Not sure why they had to increase the prices in other areas alongside that mind...

Guest firetotheworks

People always bring up Cacapa, but I still think it's unfair tbh. We played an aging, slow defender in a high line defence against strong, pacey players, and it's his fault that he was out-paced and out-muscled?

I know it all plays into it, but I don't really consider that an individual bad performance really, mainly because that Allardyce set up was suicidal. You have to be up to it in the first place, be able to take shit tactics out of the equation and then play badly for it to really count imo. Cacapa was just a previously good player that was past it and had his lack of pace badly exposed. A player has to make stupid decisions, not complete passes, miss sitters etc for it to be truly apocalyptic. For me no one comes close to Kenedy away to Cardiff. He could have only been worse if lack of effort factored into it too. Ironically, if it had have, we'd have probably won too. Didn't complete a pass IIRC, lost the ball constantly and in really stupid areas, then went on to miss a penalty. It was like he had a bet on.

He was actually pretty good up to that point. I remember him at home to Spurs where he was class.

Had to read up on this one a bit :lol: He was 31 years old, so not sure age can be used as an excuse but apparently he was struggling with an strain injury. His next match against Fulham he got MOTM.

Portsmouth lined up in a 4-5-1 with Benjani as a lone striker. Only speed merchant in their team was John Utaka on the wing.

Benjani was rapid at Portsmouth (85 acceleration and pace on Fifa iirc :lol:) and we still played a stupidly high line with a slow defender over 30, like. I'd say it's fair to say the set up was suicidal.

Cacapa had 78 accelleration and 80 pace on Fifa, wtf is your point? :lol: No matter how poor or good, old or young, slow or fast he was, in that particular game he played awful and shipped 3 goals in the space of 11 minutes and got rightly subbed.

Match report:

Newcastle can have no complaints after some diabolical defending particularly from Brazilian centre-back Capaca, who was hauled off after only 18 minutes to be replaced by David Rozehnal.

...But after the sublime came the ridiculous when, a minute later, Cacapa hesitated and was easily shoulder-barged out of the way by Benjani, who then curled in a sweet left-foot volley.

And two minutes later, Utaka repeated the trick, muscling past the shell-shocked Cacapa before rounding keeper Steve Harper and slotting into an empty net.

First goal came due to a poor Butt clearance from a corner, so none of the goals had anything directly to do with a high line necessarily.

If the ':lol:' didn't give it away, I wasn't being entirely serious, but Benjani was still fast - certainly faster than Cacapa - and we still played a suicidal high line, so I'm not sure why you have such a bee in your bonnet about the suggestion that Sam Allardyce's shit tactics might have been to blame, when Cacapa was old, slow, new to the league, and had other performances where he wasn't badly exposed and played well. It's hardly outlandish. Your last sentence is just wrong, you've picked one goal in a 4-1 loss and then claimed that none of the goals had anything to do with a high line? The other two goals when Cacapa was on the field were due to a high line, because they were nigh on identical goals.

It's ok to admit when you're wrong man, just give it a rest.

Errr, you were the one that turned this into a debate? :lol: I've no problem admitting when I'm wrong, this isn't that situation.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fucking wankers...

As per the information on the Club’s ticketing page for the Fulham vs Newcastle game, owing to restrictions imposed on the Club by the Safety Advisory Group, we are unable to sell General Admission tickets to away (Newcastle United) supporters. This means that supporters who live in an NE, TD or DH postcode will be unable to purchase tickets for the game.

Fulham vs Newcastle Ticketing Information - https://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/2018_2019/league/home/newcastle-united

To try and guarantee a safe and an enjoyable experience for all fans, anyone identified as an away supporter in home areas of the Stadium will be ejected from the Stadium.

Your registered address with the Club falls within one of the restricted postcodes, meaning that unfortunately, we have had to cancel your tickets for the match. To confirm, a full refund has automatically been processed, and the funds will be reimbursed to the card that you used to purchase the tickets.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,

Nicola

Guest Howaythetoon

I don’t know if there are any left but you can use my Fulham account if there are. Not sure about collection etc mind.

I’ve got an address to send them to, so hopefully it will be OK. Cheers though for offering mate.

I’ve kicked off and want refunded for my hotel, they replied back saying they arent back in the office until the 23rd, it’s the 26th today, fucking scumbags. I’ll not let this drop.

Not sure what’s changed recently, I’ve been to Fulham about 5 or 6 times and that end is always full of NUFC fans.

Suppose their only defence would be if away fans were told not to buy them originally.

Also, it’s not a ‘home area’ so I don’t see how that applies. It’s a neutral area.

Guest Howaythetoon

Not sure what’s changed recently, I’ve been to Fulham about 5 or 6 times and that end is always full of NUFC fans.

Suppose their only defence would be if away fans were told not to buy them originally.

Also, it’s not a ‘home area’ so I don’t see how that applies. It’s a neutral area.

Exactly and they didn’t say from the outset only available to these postcodes... utter contempt for fans, hope they never come back up the cunts.

My best eleven based on shirt numbers 1-11 NUFC players have worn.

1. Given

2. Coloccinni

3. Jose Enrique

4. Solano

5. Wijnaldum

6. Lascelles

7. Jenas

8. Dyer

9. Shearer

10. Ben Arfa

11. Speed

https://www.transfermarkt.us/newcastle-united/rueckennummern/verein/762

Our shirt number history.

Would love for Almiron to get the #10 next season. Perez needs an upgrade on 17. 7 more like it.