General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Gayle winner v Norwich (H) 2016 or winner v Forest (A) season just gone for me. The feeling both goals gave me, especially for the latter with being in the away end, is exactly what I imagine a shot of heroin is like.

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Gayle winner v Norwich (H) 2016 or winner v Forest (A) season just gone for me. The feeling both goals gave me, especially for the latter with being in the away end, is exactly what I imagine a shot of heroin is like.

Probably Dabizas at the mackems. I was absolutely desperate to see us win against them, having never due to different divisions, the Roker ban etc. Really wanted to at their place too. Then for him to score at our end, and I was in the second row right behind the goal. 

Big Phillipe Albert and the chip-over Rudolph for the 5th.

I was in the Leazes right behind it as it left his foot. It floated in slow motion as I left my seat to stand, then hit the net and we all went crackers...

Best days of my life that season.

Tiote's equaliser against Arsenal. Gallowgate. Went from applauding Arsenal in the first half to slowly starting to belief we could get something, to absolute scenes. 

I was (shamefully) walking down the stairs to leave at 3-2. Before I got to the bottom it was 3-3

I then became one of those arseholes that stands and blocks peoples views on the walkway

And then it was 4-3 and everyone went as mental as mitro

23 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

bellamy vs. Feyenoord

7 minutes ago, OCK said:

Tiote's equaliser against Arsenal. Gallowgate. Went from applauding Arsenal in the first half to slowly starting to belief we could get something, to absolute scenes. 

Was in level 7 for that. Hate people saying "limbs" but it was, there was just bodies piled on top of each other 4 or 5 rows from where they were sat

Pretty confident if VAR was about 08/09 season actually, we'd have finished about 14th. So many shite decisions against us, the Viduka disallowed goal v Fulham being the worst of the lot and it literally was the difference between staying up and going down. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Pretty confident if VAR was about 08/09 season actually, we'd have finished about 14th. So many shite decisions against us, the Viduka disallowed goal v Fulham being the worst of the lot and it literally was the difference between staying up and going down. 

beyes red card at home to city would have been cancelled and the penalty not given too. 

9 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

beyes red card at home to city would have been cancelled and the penalty not given too. 

Wigan away rings a bell as something shite happening against us.

Then there were the two 2-2 draws near each other where Bramble and Ab.Faye scored last minute equalisers against us. 

What a wank season. :lol:

Edit: Cattermole nearly taking Beye's knee cap off and only getting a yellow. Beye was out for 3 months. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wigan away rings a bell as something shite happening against us.

Then there were the two 2-2 draws near each other where Bramble and Ab.Faye scored last minute equalisers against us. 

What a wank season. :lol:

Edit: Cattermole nearly taking Beye's knee cap off and only getting a yellow. Beye was out for 3 months. 

Was it not joey Barton he clattered into?

Bruno's winner against Leicester was magnificent. It was an incredible few seconds as the crowd and team seemed to surge forward together. Probably the best 'very brief silence before the ball hits the net' I've experienced. 

Agree with Nut re the Boro game in 09. Crowd was primal that night.

A more random one was Taylor against Arsenal under Allardyce; may have been because I hadn't been to many games by that point and therefore had less reference but, from memory, the place erupted.

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Bruno's winner against Leicester was magnificent. It was an incredible few seconds as the crowd and team seemed to surge forward together. Probably the best 'very brief silence before the ball hits the net' I've experienced. 

Did something I never do and left before the end of this one, think I was in a rush to get somewhere after the match, just heard the ground erupt as I was walking down the stairs and had to leg it into the Terrace Bar. :doh:

From this season, Isak’s pen away to Forest and the two against Brighton at home are right up there with anything I’ve seen before, including the Tiote one.

57 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

2015-16 too tbf. Aguero scoring after standing so far offside at SJP he may as well have been in the Strawberry, clear handball in the buildup to Norwich's winner against us, Mitrovic wrongly disallowed goal away at Man City which would've put us 0-2 up deservedly and Bobby Madley in the away derby are four that stick in mind. Probably a few more.