General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Always worth a post.

Shola with the assist there. Also assisted Shearer vs Everton and for his record breaker against Portsmouth. Not bad.

And forced Ledley King into the clearance for Robert to t*** that volley in.

Beaut of a back heel to set up shearer for his record breaking goal v Portsmouth too iirc

Cisse's 2nd at Swansea was sensational too. What kind of form was he in? :lol: holy s***.

I think it was Stoke up here, how far away he was when Cabaye picked him out, the slide rule pass in behind to run on to (my favourite pass, beats the whipped in cross in mt book) and how he knew the keeper was coming to him, didn't need power, just get it passed the keeper.

Dean Saunders - what an utter pleb! How do these idiots get away with shit like this?!

He said on TalkSPORT: "Newcastle are a massive club with 50,000 people there queuing up to get in, another 10,000 outside the ground.

"The fans think they should be in the top four or five. That's what the fans want"

Dean Saunders - what an utter pleb! How do these idiots get away with s*** like this?!

He said on TalkSPORT: "Newcastle are a massive club with 50,000 people there queuing up to get in, another 10,000 outside the ground.

"The fans think they should be in the top four or five. That's what the fans want"

Just another dull talking head clueless c***

Guest firetotheworks

'Hi Dean, what do you think of Newcastle's chances this year?'

*oh shit, I don't know ANYTHING about Newcastle. Quick Dean, think!*

'Errrr, Newcastle are a massive club with 50,000 people there queuing up to get in, another 10,000 outside the ground. The fans think they should be in the top four or five. That's what the fans want. They'd also rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0 and don't like Southerners!'

Dean Saunders - what an utter pleb! How do these idiots get away with s*** like this?!

Souness' cock slave talking shit to back up the bollocks his master spouts on Sky whenever he's a pundit for our games.

Guest chopey

Just another dull talking head clueless c***

I hate these tin pot pundits that repeat these old lines about how the Newcastle fans have massive expectation, I'm old enough and I've been going to St James for that many years I never joined the ridiculous "TOON ARMY" that the media use to pigeon hole us fans into this crazed mob that demand success.

And another tosser! The idiotic myth lives on and on!

In a new column for GQ magazine, former Newcastle midfielder Jermaine Jenas has made his predictions for the upcoming campaign.

And he believes it will be a season of struggle for Newcastle - although the fans could play a big role. He writes:

Which three teams will be relegated?

Realistically, you always have to look at the newly promoted teams first. I think Brighton and Newcastle stand out for me, more than Huddersfield Town. I’m not really sure why that is, but I have a gut feeling that Huddersfield are the kind of team that will get a rhythm together and make life hard for a lot of teams. I think Huddersfield could be this season’s Bournemouth and surprise a lot of people. It will be hard for them, no question, but I think it will be harder for Brighton and Newcastle. I know from experience that Newcastle is a club that expects so much. When Newcastle play at home, as a newly promoted team they will need to dig in, play the percentages and grind out results, but the fans won’t want that. They will demand more from the team… they want goals and they want to win games 5-4, or 4-3 and right now, with the players they have got, they aren’t good enough to do that. You might find that Rafa Benitez gets his best results for the team away from home because there won’t be the same pressure. Benitez is at his best when he is able to be pragmatic, set up a team to nullify the opposition and get results against the odds. He won’t be able to do that at home.

If the Newcastle fans can accept that, if they can support the team when they don’t have possession and be satisfied with nicking results, then it might be a different story. But if they start getting frustrated that the team aren’t playing attacking, free-flowing football and they put more pressure on the team it could be disastrous. And the third team for the drop might just be Burnley. They haven’t done particularly good business in the transfer window. They have sold Michael Keane to Everton, who will be a huge loss for them, and they rely an awful lot on their manager Sean Dyche to drive them forward.