Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

And @Unbelievableshould know better. We don’t like Manchester United anyways it’s fuck them, and this is some just desserts for how they tried to bend us over for Lingard. 

and finally, who gives a fuck about what Manchester United fans think of us. 

I don’t like Man U anymore than you do. I loath us losing millions, when we are already financially constraint so much. to supposedly get one over them though. My point is I don’t understand why people seem to think this whole ordeal is somehow a positive development for NUFC, when it clearly isn’t.

14 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Especially when the majority of our fan base have seen Man U more times live than the majority of their fan base

:tino:

Just now, Unbelievable said:

I don’t like Man U anymore than you do. I loath us losing millions, when we are already financially constraint so much. to supposedly get one over them though. My point is I don’t understand why people seem to think this whole ordeal is somehow a positive development for NUFC, when it clearly isn’t.

It’s not ideal no, hence we must get the next appointment right. I don’t expect us to lose out financially though I expect they will end up paying more than what we did. 

Ultimately our options are to accept the offer with is obviously so low it’s more of an insult, or make him prune his garden, easy choice. 

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

We've known he was off for ages, this is just a bit of schadenfreude. 

Who is saying it’s a positive development, other than maybe in the long run, given Ashworth's apparent flightyness?

I would certainly say that it’s significantly worse for Man Utd from an optics perspective and probably financially too. If nothing else I’d imagine there’s been some conversations from City these last few days about them covering Berada's gardening leave wages plus interest, given he is apparently using an Ineos email

2 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

All fair points. But is there not something to be said at this stage in the clubs development that they demonstrate they won't be fucked around with? Even if that means a couple of mil cost? I'm not trying to get all PIF corporate fan fic here either.

There is, and once more, I think NUFC have handled the situation as well as they could have. Which is not to say the situation is not a nett negative overall. I don’t see why pointing out we are losing a key actor and millions in fees and wages is not a positive development overall for the club :lol:

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

There is, and once more, I think NUFC have handled the situation as well as they could have. Which is not to say the situation is not a nett negative overall. I don’t see why pointing out we are losing a key actor and millions in fees and wages is not a positive development overall for the club :lol:

Yeah sure I understand your stance. Nothing wrong with what you're pointing out.

Just now, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

It’s a not a joke though, your fan base has more plastic pollution than the world's oceans 

Naturally. If you find yourselves with the same success and stature as us then you'll find your fanbase full of the same plastic fans that you give off about now. Infact it's already happening.

We’ll get what we had to shell out plus his wages until his contact ended. The benefit is a competitor (great saying Man U is a genuine competitor) is missing out on a recruiting period.  

We also knew he was a little weasel. Opened his legs at Brighton as soon as we came sniffing about so no surprises he tried to jump when the “biggest club in the world” started waving its cock at him. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Who is saying it’s a positive development, other than maybe in the long run, given Ashworth's apparent flightyness?

I would certainly say that it’s significantly worse for Man Utd from an optics perspective and probably financially too. If nothing else I’d imagine there’s been some conversations from City these last few days about them covering Berada's gardening leave wages plus interest, given he is apparently using an Ineos email

Nobody has explicitely said they think the situation is a positive development. Plenty however are revelling in how this reflects badly on Man U and Ashworth seemingly oblivious to the fact that after all is said and done we’ll be the ones who will have lost out the most if Man U get another DoF and Ashworth tends to his garden a bit more before taking on another job elsewhere at a top club.

Edited by Unbelievable

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

I’m amazed at how many of our fans revel in this situation. We’re losing out here, big time.

No we won't. If we did lose money from this we'd be seeking damages directly from him. Id prefer that tbh. Make him work off his debts at other clubs for the next 10 years.

We'll not lose a penny on this, all we lose is him, which is no loss now we have seen what his strategy is.

10 minutes ago, Dokko said:

No we won't. If we did lose money from this we'd be seeking damages directly from him. Id prefer that tbh. Make him work off his debts at other clubs for the next 10 years.

We'll not lose a penny on this, all we lose is him, which is no loss now we have seen what his strategy is.

If we make him sit out his gardening leave, as suggested is what we'd prefer to do if we don't get Man U to offer reasonable compensation and what many seem to think is a great idea, we lose out on our investment (4.5m paid to Brighton plus 1.5 years of wages for someone doing nothing while we have to shell out for a replacement), don't we? Realistically there is no way we'd get millions back from Ashworth for wanting out of his job, or even for sharing the details of his contract with a prospective new employer.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

If we make him sit out his gardening leave, as suggested is what we'd prefer to do if we don't get Man U to offer reasonable compensation and what many seem to think is a great idea, we lose out on our investment (4.5m paid to Brighton plus 1.5 years of wages for someone doing nothing while we have to shell out for a replacement), don't we? Realistically there is no way we'd get millions back from Ashworth for wanting out of his job, or even for sharing the details of his contract with a prospective new employer.

Indeed, but you have to factor the money paid to Brighton against the work her did prior to his feature. 

Personally, I’m happy with how this has played out, the grass has been cut and the snake has been exposed. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Indeed, but you have to factor the money paid to Brighton against the work her did prior to his feature. 

Personally, I’m happy with how this has played out, the grass has been cut and the snake has been exposed. 

This! 

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Good for you. Personally I'm pissed off with how this has played out. A "big six" club has come in, turned the head of one of our key people with a reputation of being one of the best in the business and we've lost their services and stand to lose a tidy sum in the millions that could have gone towards player recruitment. I understand the snake argument, but had Man U not approached Ashworth in the first place there's every chance he'd still be here working for us and advancing the club. I guess more than anything I'm pissed off with how easy it's proven for a rival to come in and destabilise us. Can see it happen more often going forward, i.e. clubs coming in for Howe, Isak, Bruno and the like. Are you all expecting them to stay loyal to us forever even if we're realistically miles off competing for titles due to financial regulation introduced on the behest of the same friggin' "big six"? If so, prepare to be disappointed on occasion I'd say. While the new owners are building the club this will happen from time to time.

I'm disapponted in Ashworth, but above all I'm disappointed for NUFC.

Good for you. Personally I'm pissed off with how this has played out. A "big six" club has come in, turned the head of one of our key people with a reputation of being one of the best in the business and we've lost their services and stand to lose a tidy sum in the millions that could have gone towards player recruitment. I understand the snake argument, but had Man U not approached Ashworth in the first place there's every chance he'd still be here working for us and advancing the club. I guess more than anything I'm pissed off with how easy it's proven for a rival to come in and destabilise us. Can see it happen more often going forward, i.e. clubs coming in for Howe, Isak, Bruno and the like. Are you all expecting them to stay loyal to us forever even if we're realistically miles off competing for titles due to financial regulation introduced on the behest of the same friggin' "big six"? If so, prepare to be disappointed on occasion I'd say. While the new owners are building the club this will happen from time to time.

I'm disapponted in Ashworth, but above all I'm disappointed for NUFC.

I have a lot of time and respect for you as a poster but I don’t understand your point. 

Why are you disappointed in the club? We can do absolutely nothing about this situation, his head got turned by an underhanded approach. 

Let’s revisit it shall we, Man United were leaking they wanted Ashworth before the takeover went through, they went directly to Ashworth who leaked to them how much we paid Brighton for him, they they lowballed us on what we paid Brighton to buy him out or both his notice period and his gardening leaving. They did everything they possibly could to make sure his exit was going to be as difficult as possible. 

Now contrast this with how we got him, we maintain an excellent relationship with Brighton as we handled things in a manner amicable to all parties, AS didn’t go pissing and moan on SSN about gardening leave. 

I get your frustration, it feels like a setback but I’m genuinely happy, I don’t want snakes working for us it’s more about your dedication to the cause and commitment to see through your own 5 year fucking plans than it is “loyalty”. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I have a lot of time and respect for you as a poster but I don’t understand your point. 

Why are you disappointed in the club? We can do absolutely nothing about this situation, his head got turned by an underhanded approach. 

Let’s revisit it shall we, Man United were leaking they wanted Ashworth before the takeover went through, they went directly to Ashworth who leaked to them how much we paid Brighton for him, they they lowballed us on what we paid Brighton to buy him out or both his notice period and his gardening leaving. They did everything they possibly could to make sure his exit was going to be as difficult as possible. 

Now contrast this with how we got him, we maintain an excellent relationship with Brighton as we handled things in a manner amicable to all parties, AS didn’t go pissing and moan on SSN about gardening leave. 

I get your frustration, it feels like a setback but I’m genuinely happy, I don’t want snakes working for us it’s more about your dedication to the cause and commitment to see through your own 5 year fucking plans than it is “loyalty”. 

He's not saying he's disappointed in NUFC tbf - he said he's disappointed for NUFC, due to losing a highly rated member of staff and possibly some cash.

1 minute ago, Checko said:

He's not saying he's disappointed in NUFC tbf - he said he's disappointed for NUFC, due to losing a highly rated member of staff and possibly some cash.

We stood to lose a lot more if he stayed. He’s not trust worthy. Mega key point in his role (also his attention to detail needs work too).

2 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

we’ll have  lost a top tier DoF, who we paid millions for to acquire his services not long ago, and who we continue to pay a million or so in wages for another year and a bit while having to look and pay for a new DoF. We’ll be out of pocket by a good few million compared to had this whole thing never happened. That money would have been much better spent out on the pitch.

It’s his choice to go we can’t do anything about that. 

As it stands I’m not sure what the club should’ve done differently, other than not hire him in the first place. Man U have gone about this in a very underhand and sneaky way, and that cannot be rewarded. We’re losing out financially and it’s far from ideal, so from that perspective it’s disappointing, but on the other hand we’re operating as we should and aren’t being taken for mugs. It also gives us an opportunity to right the mistake of hiring, and him an opportunity to sit watching Gary Neville highlights. In regards to the transfer market, it’s pretty evident we can operate without him just fine.

23 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I'm disappointed for the club, not in the club. Since my overall feeling about this whole thing is disappointment (in Ashworth and for the club) I fail to understand the glee so many are portraying. Maybe it's just me :dontknow: