Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

If Ashworth reckons he hasn't put in his notice yet, then surely his notice period hasn't started yet?

Doesn't seem like the best defence, IMO. :lol:

The gardener just hates doing work obviously. Seems like this has all been an elaborate ploy to get out of work for another six months plus 

The Man United forum is just astonishing ... I can't look away.

They are now claiming we are finding it so hard to get a new director of football, and have been rejected by Freedman, because of how we've treated Dan Ashworth and used the press against him!

They've actually somehow made themselves victims in all of this.

I cannot wait for this arbitration case man [emoji38]

There is definitely something to be said for not wanting to look like we'll hold prospective employees hostage if they want to leave.

Just now, Checko said:

There is definitely something to be said for not wanting to look like we'll hold prospective employees hostage if they want to leave.

Think the issue here is the way he went about trying to leave

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Think the issue here is the way he went about trying to leave

Yeah I'm not saying we've actually been unreasonable, but from the perspective of someone not directly involved, they might see the base story and hear the perpetual moaning from Man U & it can create a narrative.

Edited by Checko

8 minutes ago, Checko said:

Holding them hostage because we refuse to accept the fee the club that are after him have decided is good enough?

Man Utd didn't contact us first to declare their interest and discuss a release fee in good faith.

Instead they went to Ashworth covertly to find out what we paid Brighton, agreed a deal with Ashworth while he still had access to all our data/info without us knowing, and then when we found out and put him on gardening leave they try to strong arm us over a fee.

If that's deemed holding a man hostage, then let it be so! Hold that man hostage!

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Checko said:

Yeah I'm not saying we've actually been unreasonable, but from the perspective of someone not directly involved, they might see the base story and hear the perpetual moaning from Man U & it can create a narrative.

I know what you mean, but I think we (ably assisted by Ratcliffe and his cronies) are doing a pretty good job of dispelling that perception. All other indications within the game are that we're pretty amiable and constructive to deal with.

It's Manchester United making headlines about breaking deals, banning lunch and making staff attend offices which don't have enough seats for them all etc. The mood music is very sour and small time. They're starting to settle into their status as the third team in Lancashire.

Edited by 80

1 minute ago, 80 said:

I know what you mean, but I think we (ably assisted by Ratcliffe and his cronies) are doing a pretty good job of dispelling that perception. All other indications within the game are that we're pretty amiable and constructive to deal with.

It's Manchester United making headlines about breaking deals, banning lunch and making staff attend offices which don't have enough seats for them all etc.

Yeah I agree, but it should also a consideration in the whole 'make him sit out his whole gardening leave and rot like his compost heap' school of thought, as hilarious as that would be.

Just now, Checko said:

Yeah I agree, but it should also a consideration in the whole 'make him sit out his whole gardening leave and rot like his compost heap' school of thought, as hilarious as that would be.

I don't think we want that, we'd rather have a decent settlement, of which no one knows what we want, only what we've knocked back, which the offer seems to have been based on his previous release and how did they find out about that again ?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Checko said:

Sure, but after the latest revelations, again, I really don't think we need to worry too much about it. We just need to be clear and consistent with our messaging about needing to protect ourselves from a rogue agent, someone who has a demonstrable track record of behaving outside acceptable bounds of conduct.

Even in other areas like Bruno, we've been far less overly combative than clubs like Tottenham or West Ham would be. The main focus has been on wanting to be a club that staff don't want to leave, rather than just enforcing contract terms.

Edited by 80

1 hour ago, Checko said:

Ashworth has been here 5 minutes and is looking to jump ship already after presumably not doing the job he was recruited to do, to put long-term plans and processes in place.

If us playing hard-ball over his departure puts off someone from coming to us who's already wondering what would happen if they tried to do similar, then that's a good thing.

Nobody coming to us for the right reasons, with the intention of staying with us, would be put off by this.

49 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I love how we don’t take any shit from these clubs anymore - so refreshing seeing someone have the might to stand up to these bastards 

To be fair, Ashley took no shit from anyone either. I don't think he was a pushover.

Massive cunt? Yes. Skinflint? Of course. Idiot? Undeniably. Easy to deal with and take advantage of? Different story.

10 hours ago, Sima said:

Class name for a band.

EDIT - OCK pls.  That’s what I get for not reading the rest of the thread.

:yao:

Posted (edited)

So, still no mention of this on Sky Sports News (that I've seen) or on the Sky Sports or BBC Football websites. 

Amazing the airtime given to Ratty Jim when he kept bleating on about how unfair it was that we weren't letting Cashworth out of his garden, yet nothing when it appears there may have been some underhand dealings by an incoming Man Utd emplyee with an INEOS email addy.

Edited by TK-421

Just now, TK-421 said:

So, still no mention of this on Sky Sports News (that I've seen) or on the Sky Sports or BBC Football websites. 

Amazing the airtime given to Ratty Jim when he kept bleating on about how unfair it was that we weren't letting Cashworth out of his garden, yet nothing when it appears there may have been some underhand dealings by an incoming Man Utd / INEOS employee.

In defence of those publications, they may require the information to be sourced by more than one party which may not be possible for clear leaks from ourselves. :lol:

10 hours ago, Checko said:

If a DoF doesn’t want to join, because we won’t make it easy for them to leave if the correct channels are not followed, then that’s a good filter for any of our targets. Don’t want another guy who’s going to try and slime their way out in 12 months in illegal ways.

Just now, Sibierski said:

If a DoF doesn’t want to join, because we won’t make it easy for them to leave if the correct channels are not followed, then that’s a good filter for any of our targets. Don’t want another guy who’s going to try and slime their way out in 12 months in illegal ways.

Ignore it, it was a fairy tale made up by Manchester United fans. People don’t want to join us because we won’t let them leave ffs. 

12 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Man Utd fluffing?

Just said about the emails and how we are pissed off with ashworth, nothing really

38 minutes ago, danny said:

Just said about the emails and how we are pissed off with ashworth, nothing really

Of course not, let’s ignore the ex-Man City employee illegally working for Ineos/Man Utd on garden leave and another target DoF leaking sensitive information to try and reduce his compensation. Absolute non-story. Meanwhile here’s 10 minutes on what a groundsman does during the close season…

16 hours ago, OCK said:

I'm glad he's going, suddely seems like a right little weasel.

Yeah previously he only looked like one, now it seems he does have the characteristics as well.

13 hours ago, FLUMPO235 said:

I hope they are forensically checking his work phone. He looks like the sort of greasy cunt who’s in a what’s app with these two and has said he’s smash wor Amanda’s back doors in.

With what?  :lol: