Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

Ben Jacobs saying he might not be able to start until the summer or season after.

I said this anges ago, even if he does want to go to there, there’s no way we are allowing him to take up position until mid September given his knowledge of our plans for next summer. So do Man Utd want to have another summer with very little direction, in order to appoint the "right man" for the long term. Or do they need to appoint someone who can start work immediately?

i.d be absolutely incredulous if the club have insulated themselves in the same way, Brighton did before he was allowed to join us.

On 19/01/2024 at 10:40, TheBrownBottle said:

Last summer’s transfer window and his appointment of the physiotherapy and medical science teams are questions for me.

Wish I had a job where no-one got to question performance for five years.  

Errrr... how do we know that isn't already happening? PIF aren't a cuddly bunch of tossers running a nursery, I'm sure there'll be performance metrics and questions asked where they need to be. But as Amanda said on day one, they are patient investors who won't just press the big red button at the first hint of an issue. They hired him cos they thought he was the best bloke for the job and he'll fairly get a chance to get it right.

Just now, Pilko said:

Errrr... how do we know that isn't already happening? PIF aren't a cuddly bunch of tossers running a nursery, I'm sure there'll be performance metrics and questions asked where they need to be. But as Amanda said on day one, they are patient investors who won't just press the big red button at the first hint of an issue. They hired him cos they thought he was the best bloke for the job and he'll fairly get a chance to get it right.

It’s my assumption that they won’t give anyone anything like five years - they’ll demand results.

this all well planned. weaken rivals while strengthen themselves in the football operation level which where they really lacked quality people for years. (Berrada from City, and Ashworth from us)

have to say good moves from Ratcliffe.

I wonder tho how hard Ashworth has been working on strengthening Newcastle if he had interest from Man United since a good few weeks. is our January dealing heavily influenced by Ashworth? s he doing any kind of sabotage?

7 minutes ago, BShearer said:

I wonder tho how hard Ashworth has been working on strengthening Newcastle if he had interest from Man United since a good few weeks. is our January dealing heavily influenced by Ashworth? s he doing any kind of sabotage?

:lol: tell me you're overthinking stuff without telling me you're overthinking stuff

17 minutes ago, BShearer said:

this all well planned. weaken rivals while strengthen themselves in the football operation level which where they really lacked quality people for years. (Berrada from City, and Ashworth from us)

have to say good moves from Ratcliffe.

:2funny:

End of the day, we've got what we need out of Ashworth, and that's a strategy. If he's not here to implement it then someone else will. Brighton haven't ceased to exist, if anything, they've gone strength to strength since he left/put on leave.

41 minutes ago, Dokko said:

End of the day, we've got what we need out of Ashworth, and that's a strategy. If he's not here to implement it then someone else will. Brighton haven't ceased to exist, if anything, they've gone strength to strength since he left/put on leave.

You think his job was to come up with the strategy or to execute it?

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You think his job was to come up with the strategy or to execute it?

Both. But the strategy is the important part as it comes first. We have thst strategy, framework and understanding as well as makes good targets, review and decision making. All that's there now. Be nice to have him implement it, but not the end of the world as now the board know what top tier looks like 1st hand. 

I also think he hasn't had the best time with us. Mistakes have been made and lessons learned by the club at the cost of the club, unfortunately. 

Just now, Dokko said:

Both. But the strategy is the important part as it comes first. We have thst strategy, framework and understanding as well as makes good targets, review and decision making. All that's there now. Be nice to have him implement it, but not the end of the world as now the board know what top tier looks like 1st hand. 

I also think he hasn't had the best time with us. Mistakes have been made and lessons learned by the club at the cost of the club, unfortunately. 

I think he’s here to execute a pre-existing strategy. Minteh’s and Isak’s. Maybe his strategy of going about it might be novel but broadly it has to be one way.  

And so far the execution has been iffy.  

54 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Provided everyone is happy with the stategy and we aren't hiring someone that decides to go a different direction.

I assume he would have sold them on that old Swansea/Brighton route of "this is the blueprint and our club style" so if a manager or employee leaves the strategy remains the same and recruitment for all positions at the club would be lined up to fit that mandate/blueprint. 

Maybe Howes buddy from Bournemouth that seemed underwhelming seem more attractive as he might stick to the plan and take the opportunity with both hands rather than someone with a bigger name in the game letting ego or their own ideas get in the way to make a mark and not live in Ashworths shadow.

Or the tweet might be bs and Ashworth stays lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...