Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

1. Were not getting Edward’s for the reason others have outlined on multiple occasions 

2. it might be weird, but him continuing to do his job will be the norm until Man Utd actually approach the club. They've apparently contacted him directly, but as of yet not formally contacted the club. Which IMO is another reason why we should rinse the cunts as much as possible for being utter dicks and playing this out publicly and unprofessionally.

1 minute ago, madras said:

£60mill ? Where'd that number come from? I'd piggyback him all the way there for that.

Who knows where it came from, I haven’t read the entire article, it’s behind a paywall.

11 minutes ago, madras said:

£60mill ? Where'd that number come from? I'd piggyback him all the way there for that.

It came from how desperate Man U not only 'want' him but also 'need' him.  He is basically saying £10mil is chicken feed for how value he is to their plans and I couldn't agree more.  For once we hold all the cards.

Edited by duo

Yes, we are in a strong position but I’m not sure we hold all the cards

We should absolutely screw Moan U for mega bucks, but no point holding onto a disgruntled employee for too long, plus we need to replace him sooner rather than later to move on with our plans

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

Who knows where it came from, I haven’t read the entire article, it’s behind a paywall.

He's just making the point that a DoF is actually far more important than a player who costs £10m these days, he seems to think £10m is the compensation figure for Ashworth. It's actually a pretty good article as he makes the point that even if we did the same to Brighton, we aren't trying to stop Brighton competing whereas Man U as one of the cartel clubs, are directly trying to stop us doing so.

He's making a case for making Ashworth stay on gardening leave, but my impression is that Howe wants him away from the club as soon as possible due to the snake factor.

29 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

We should absolutely screw Moan U for mega bucks, but no point holding onto a disgruntled employee for too long, plus we need to replace him sooner rather than later to move on with our plans

Neither do I, but Man U hold a couple of jokers. Rinse these twats.

2 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Martin Samuels

Samuel is usually spot on with his takes - and he is with this also. He’s being OTT with the £60m but he’s essentially saying pay decent money or do one. It might not be £60m but £10m today is pathetic. A manager will get that in comp when sacked by a club that doesn’t want them. Newcastle aren’t the ones getting rid here, it’s the Rags that are approaching every man and his dog, so if they want him so much - pay up!

7 minutes ago, Mase said:

Samuel is usually spot on with his takes - and he is with this also. He’s being OTT with the £60m but he’s essentially saying pay decent money or do one. It might not be £60m but £10m today is pathetic. A manager will get that in comp when sacked by a club that doesn’t want them. Newcastle aren’t the ones getting rid here, it’s the Rags that are approaching every man and his dog, so if they want him so much - pay up!

That’s my feeling exactly, same with FFP and FMV I hope the threat of legal action by whoever comes to fruition.

2 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:

Nothing to stop us hiring our replacement while he's on gardening leave and Man United's plans are on hold for a couple of seasons so far as I can see.

Edited by 80

15 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Just reading into comments and the bits leaked to the press.

If Man Utd was a done deal why bother mentioning that he didn’t have the amount of control that he expected. And then why would Howe mention the transfer policy remaining under his control.

It’s not to say that they don’t get on, but am guessing Amanda Staveley was the reason behind Howe’s new contract and she probably doesn’t have the same emotional connection with Ashworth.

Howe hasn’t included him in his “inner circle” and although they get on professionally maybe Ashworth doesn’t feel Howe is the man to move things forward according to his blueprint.

Howe has shown to be quite stubborn this season regarding things that aren’t working well.

Also, if Man Utd was a done deal, why bother attending the game today? Doesn’t make sense.. I saw it more of a sitting over Howe’s shoulder and as far as the game went.. he didn’t exactly impress today.

<Billy Madison gif>

Personally, I wouldn’t release him from gardening leave for any fee. 
Put him on gardening leave till the end of his contract, he has detailed knowledge of our plans and will move to a rival team. 
We wouldn’t sell Bruno to them so why should we sell Ashworth.