Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

24 minutes ago, Ash said:

Really not liking some of these stories at the minute. The manager/head coach should not be the leading voice on recruitment and they certainly shouldn’t have any input into who their boss should be. 

Aye I’m trying not to believe it, but struggling if I’m honest. If Howe does have as much of a say in pretty much everything then it is a concern.

4 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Where has the idea of Howe having or wanting a significant say on players come from?

Standard rumour mill output I suspect. People speculate and the speculation gathers momentum, we all are drawn to ‘no smoke without fire’ kind of thinking. Bottom line on this, nobody, who is talking, knows anything. 

For me it’s the articles about Ashworth supposedly not having the say that he was expecting and the fact that Howe’s nephew has a significant role in recruitment. Nothing for certain like. 

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

For me it’s the articles about Ashworth supposedly not having the say that he was expecting and the fact that Howe’s nephew has a significant role in recruitment. Nothing for certain like. 

Andy Howe is part of the recruitment team isn't he?

If so he'll report into Ashworth or even Nickson.

1 hour ago, Ash said:

Really not liking some of these stories at the minute. The manager/head coach should not be the leading voice on recruitment and they certainly shouldn’t have any input into who their boss should be. 

EH said pretty much the same if you listened to his press conference last week after Ashworth’s departure.

27 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Hearing a settlement is agreed now in excess of 20m

£21m was mentioned weeks ago so guessing they are paying the clause. Thanks Fulham.

Just now, LFEE said:

£21m was mentioned weeks ago so guessing they are paying the clause. Thanks Fulham.

Thanks is right. Be great to have wor Dan and his laptop in for the summer transfer window. We'd up wasting a lot more than £21m without him.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Thanks is right. Be great to have wor Dan and his laptop in for the summer transfer window. We'd up wasting a lot more than £21m without him.

Definitely. Think everyone wins personally if it is £21m+.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

You already have Mctominay though 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he's still not in place until after the summer window shuts, even if compensation is agreed. I think Newcasltle will be protecting themselves as much as possible, given how critical this summer is going to be for us.

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he's still not in place until after the summer window shuts, even if compensation is agreed. I think Newcasltle will be protecting themselves as much as possible, given how critical this summer is going to be for us.

I can't imagine we would pay a fee like £21m unless it's an instant break clause. 

Still think something like £13/14m and him starting in September is the most likely and both parties would still be happy.

It’s still a mystery to me what makes him so highly rated tbh, given that he’s apparently not transfer focused. Man U fans seem to be expecting him to run their transfer policy just like we were.

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

It’s still a mystery to me what makes him so highly rated tbh, given that he’s apparently not transfer focused. Man U fans seem to be expecting him to run their transfer policy just like we were.

That, or to put some sort of transfer structure in place at least. 

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Who knows, maybe they will come and give us our money back for Lewis Hall. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

It can only be based on his relationship with the media during his time with England. He hasn't been at any club long enough to justify his reputation. 

Edited by macphisto