Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

Sorry, that is just wrong. Six months is the average gardening leave term, but the term is agreed as part of the employment contract. It isn't just something you can stomp your feet about, claim is unfair, then leave early.

Yup nail on head.

I agreed to a 12 month Gardening Leave period + 3 months notice (15 month Total)in my contract, Originally it was a 18 month period + Notice. 

Looking forward to the break when my next Job offer comes along. :)

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

Yup nail on head.

I agreed to a 12 month Gardening Leave period + 3 months notice (15 month Total)in my contract, Originally it was a 18 month period + Notice. 

Looking forward to the break when my next Job offer comes along. :)

What do you do, Hudson? Sounds important.

22 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Hojlund is 3 years younger and already has more goals in his first season than Isak did.

Hold that L for sure man.

That's quite a misleading use of statistics. Isak scored more in the league last season than Hojlund has this in less appearances. 5 of Hojlund's goals this season have also come in Europe; Isak obviously didn't play in Europe last season. 

Age gap granted but it doesn't seem a fair or accurate comparison really. 

31 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Hojlund is 3 years younger and already has more goals in his first season than Isak did.

Games/Goals

The Rasmus v Isak

24/7 v 22/10 - League games

36/13 v 27/10 - League, Cup, European Games

Froggy is the reasons stats will never be respected.

I feel sorry for Froggy, it's going to be a difficult peroid for him finding a new successful team to follow until they're shit.

31 minutes ago, OCK said:

Games/Goals

The Rasmus v Isak

24/7 v 22/10 - League games

36/13 v 27/10 - League, Cup, European Games

Froggy is the reasons stats will never be respected.

I wasn't the one who tried to compare the two. ;) Rasmus is a kid. 

Antony - Contract expires Jun ‘27 (option for a further year)

Casemiro - Contract expires Jun ‘26 (Option for another year)

Marcus Rashford - Contract expires Jun ‘28

Andre Onana - Contract expires Jun ‘28 (option for another year)

Mason Mount - Contract expires Jun ‘28 (option for another year)

Some painful reading there for Man U fans. They’re going to have to hope that someone comes in for some of those. Can’t see Casemiro, Antony or Mount getting picked up 

Just now, gbandit said:

Some painful reading there for Man U fans. They’re going to have to hope that someone comes in for some of those. Can’t see Casemiro, Antony or Mount getting picked up 

Why is Onana in there? He's been great since AFCON. We're well chuffed with his improvement. 

Mount is a good player, just struggling with injuries. 

I'd happily sign Antony and Casemiro to 10 year deals if it meant Rashford left the club tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

If anyone does come in for any of them they’re going to have to take a significant pay cut. Can’t see it, can you?

Just now, Froggy said:

Why is Onana in there? He's been great since AFCON. We're well chuffed with his improvement. 

Mount is a good player, just struggling with injuries. 

I'd happily sign Antony and Casemiro to 10 year deals if it meant Rashford left the club tomorrow. 

Onana’s clearly picked up since his disasters at the start of the season but I’m absolutely positive he’s going to produce a lot more gaffes and his positioning and how he sets his body isn’t right. He’s very athletic and has good feet but he’s complacent as well 

2 hours ago, Tonalis Bookie said:

Let me lay a few points out that we need to consider and how it benefits us by doing a deal

• If united are smart (and they will be) they'll have applied to CAS and they will probably get their way
  • A CAS hearing could be expedited and he be in place before the end of this window
  • If we go to CAS and do not win, we have a precedent against us
  • There is a significant chance we get much less than we want
  • It may well void a number of terms we currently have
  • We may actually end up losing out on what we could get and damage our own FFP
  • We may not be able to hire an individual in place of DA whilst hes here
  • If we deal we can delay a start date
  • We can also implement terms on players that can & cannot be recruited as part of an expedited agreement
  • We can protect information and hire a replacement quicker
  • We can insert terms regarding any staff or other individuals that MUFC may wish to get from us
  • We have the ability to control the situation going forward

All of this so United potentially wait a few months is damaging

Why did we wait so long for Ashworth then? Why didn't we just go to CAS?

Genuine question btw, I have no idea on this stuff.

5 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

If anyone does come in for any of them they’re going to have to take a significant pay cut. Can’t see it, can you?

Rashford would easily find a club. 

Casemiro has the stature where you'd think we'll get some sort of decent fee from Saudi for him. 

Onana and Mount wouldn't be allowed to leave. They are/will be important players. 

Antony, no chance of anyone taking him. But he's only 24. I don't like him but would prefer to see him get another chance. 

They're all about to take a 25% pay cut in the summer BTW. And likely next summer too unless we have a blinder transfer window. 

22 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Rashford would easily find a club. 

Casemiro has the stature where you'd think we'll get some sort of decent fee from Saudi for him. 

Onana and Mount wouldn't be allowed to leave. They are/will be important players. 

Antony, no chance of anyone taking him. But he's only 24. I don't like him but would prefer to see him get another chance. 

They're all about to take a 25% pay cut in the summer BTW. And likely next summer too unless we have a blinder transfer window. 

Bet you they don’t take a 25% pay cut, the PFA will have lots to say on that one 

Just now, nufcnick said:

Bet you they don’t take a 25% pay cut, the PFA will have lots to say on that one 

Unless it’s in their contracts………..no chance of them taking a pay cut.

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

It’ll be performance related. They all took contracts when Mancs were in the CL. When they drop out they will lose the %age of pay related to that. It’s like having a bad year at work and the team not getting commissions or bonuses