Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I didn't gloat. I said it was a huge fee for someone who scored 1 in 3 in La Liga. It was a huge fee. I stand by everything I said. Friendly reminder Martial had more goals and assists per 90 than Isak last season. Isak is clearly talented, but he's only managed to make the pitch for 50% of your minutes this season. Lets calm it down a little before acting like £65m was some sort of magic bargain. 

Also, Casemiro was one of the most important players in getting us back into the Champions League and winning our first trophy in years. It was hardly a laughable signing. :lol:

Wait - you don't think £65m was a good price for Isak?

7 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Im not the biggest fan of Mount, but talking about him leaving is mad [emoji38]

To be honest, his value’s only going to plummet from here and his wages are probably huge. If they could get rid it would be the best move the club could do by a mile. He’s played 674 mins of football for them this season, 433 in the league and he’s a player who no one knows how to utilise in a side other than making late runs into the box 

7 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Wait - you don't think £65m was a good price for Isak?

To be fair at the time we'd paid £60+million for a striker who'd scored 6 goals in 32 league games in the previous season. For comparison Nicholas Jackson has 10 in 29 this year. McTominay has 7 in 27.

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

To be honest, his value’s only going to plummet from here and his wages are probably huge. If they could get rid it would be the best move the club could do by a mile. He’s played 674 mins of football for them this season, 433 in the league and he’s a player who no one knows how to utilise in a side other than making late runs into the box 

Overpriced and on huge wages yes, but isnt at Manu? Think they have to give him a chance. Its his first season there [emoji38].

12 minutes ago, Checko said:

To be fair at the time we'd paid £60+million for a striker who'd scored 6 goals in 32 league games in the previous season. For comparison Nicholas Jackson has 10 in 29 this year. McTominay has 7 in 27.

Really glad our scouting was more refined and was able to see past that. Appears many others didn't. No context applied for the type of player he was, the team he was currently playing in and how his attributes would translate to the Premier League.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Really glad our scouting was more refined and was able to see past that. Appears many others didn't. No context applied for the type of player he was, the team he was currently playing in and how his attributes would translate to the Premier League.

Yeah, i mean I don't think anyone doubted he was talented, but the fee we paid was sort of proven elite player money, and he maybe wasn't quite that at that point. All transfers are a bit of a gamble though & it's worked out well. After all, you pay for what you expect them to do in the future.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Or forgetting he was playing right wing that season.. Isak has been a talent for many years - the twitter analytics virgins are very boring when they evidently dont watch players play.

53 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Unless it’s in their contracts………..no chance of them taking a pay cut.

It's in the contracts of all players and staff. 25% increase or decrease based on CL qualification. Even Ten Hag will drop 25% this summer. 

48 minutes ago, Checko said:

I'm not asking his view last summer. I'm asking whether Froggy thinks it was a good price now.

28 minutes ago, Menace said:

Or forgetting he was playing right wing that season.. Isak has been a talent for many years - the twitter analytics virgins are very boring when they evidently dont watch players play.

Yeah, exactly.

They were playing a diamond type formation and he ended up in that right channel a lot, it was a different sort of role. Their build up play was also very slow and control based, so didn't get him into space much.

15 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It's in the contracts of all players and staff. 25% increase or decrease based on CL qualification. Even Ten Hag will drop 25% this summer. 

It would still leave some of the players you’re looking to offload way out of reach for most PL clubs though.

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

Just a friendly reminder that @Froggygloated and mocked with his trademark emoji, when we paid £60 million for Isak. Citing an inability to score goals.

While at the same time celebrating the £60 million purchase of a Brazilian relic whose legs have expired within a year and who will now already need replacing.

More comedy moments to come this summer. Watch this space.

[emoji38]

15 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

I'm not asking his view last summer. I'm asking whether Froggy thinks it was a good price now.

KaKa is referencing I post I made before he kicked a ball for you. 

Of course it's a good price now. He's lethal. 

7 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

It would still leave some of the players you’re looking to offload way out of reach for most PL clubs though.

Oh of course. We're just bad at selling players anyway, even when they're not on huge wages. 

That's why we're excited at the thought of a proper transfer structure with Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox. 

It looks like CAS could get involved if both parties agree to arbitration but it would take 6-12 months to finalise from what Ive been reading. I'm not sure Manure would want to wait that long though.

5 hours ago, Pixelphish said:

What do you do, Hudson? Sounds important.

I wish, nothing important to the layman.  Just Corporations

Its mainly NDA stuff due too market within 12 months. 

TBH usually they new employer agrees a settlement with the old and it ends up being 120 days with an NDA included.

Last time for me was 10 years ago, had June through Septemer off fishing. Was very nice getting paid to chill 😎 missus was a bit pissed though.

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

Rashford would easily find a club. 

Casemiro has the stature where you'd think we'll get some sort of decent fee from Saudi for him. 

Onana and Mount wouldn't be allowed to leave. They are/will be important players. 

Antony, no chance of anyone taking him. But he's only 24. I don't like him but would prefer to see him get another chance. 

They're all about to take a 25% pay cut in the summer BTW. And likely next summer too unless we have a blinder transfer window. 

is it just that some of them may have performance related contracts and they wouldn't be receiving the bonuses due to them for finishing higher?

I mean, there's no way they're voluntarily taking a 25% cut just cause they love the club soooooooo much, like....

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

is it just that some of them

All of them. Been a policy of ours for years and years now. 25% decrease for failing to qualify for the CL.

Just now, Froggy said:

All of them. Been a policy of ours for years and years now. 25% decrease for failing to qualify for the CL.

Amounts to same I suppose but I think contractually you would imagine it's the lack of a CL bonus as opposed to penalising players individual contracts because the best post war Man U manager can't string some results together.