Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

51 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

They're not panicking....they're spitting the dummy out because they've been told 'no' for once and hadn't planned for it. Now they'll try every slimy loop hole to get what they're after. Hopefully our lawyers are better as that's the only way this is going to end. It won't be amicable, and no-one will be happy with the outcome.

Therefore i can see us ending up with man u paying what we paid Brighton for him, but him having to sit out his contract with us. 

We're not happy as having to pay someone for doing nowt and having to find a replacement 

ManU not happy as paying for someone who can't do anything for 18 months 

DA himself not happy at being totally out of the loop on GL

'Football people' being pr***s means there's no winners here 

If you saw Ratcliffe's interview after the marathon you'd see he was worried about not having people in place.

Far more pressure on them to get things in order ahead of the summer.

Aside from rebuilding the team, which needs significant work, they also need to get a new manager in place too.

We seem more than happy for him to sit things out and aren't concerned about paying him to do so. We are also already down to the final stage of getting in a replacement.

The joke is on Man Utd, and that will become increasingly evident.

49 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

I guess they may well give a damn as by every report going were effectively skint without breaking the rules

Someone who actually believes the Media?

Simply, N E V E R believe the generalised cr*p in he Media !!

2 hours ago, manorpark said:

Someone who actually believes the Media?

Simply, N E V E R believe the generalised cr*p in he Media !!

The publicly produced UEFA & PL regs and our published accounts and likely forecast for the season are pretty good starters for ten if you don't want to believe the meeja tbf.  And that would suggest we're not on a great wicket.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The publicly produced UEFA & PL regs and our published accounts and likely forecast for the season are pretty good starters for ten if you don't want to believe the meeja tbf.  And that would suggest we're not on a great wicket.

It’s true we don’t know the exact numbers however it’s clear we are extremely close. 

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

I can see arbitration siding heavily closer to manures favour. If it's voluntary I don't think it makes sense for us to go this route. 

What's the highest fee for a DOF?

It isn’t Man Utd that are part of arbitration, it is Ashworth seeking release from his contractual obligations.

We would have agreed to go in to arbitration thinking we are both comfortable in our position and to stop an even bigger bun fight if he was to resign with immediate effect and we have to put in an injunction.

Surely he won’t have leg to stand on? No expert, but would argument be from Ashworth on pay/working conditions/mental health etc. and we would just come back with, payed as normal, still got access to certain perks and still got access to club welfare officer? 

Basically suck it up, unless he himself wants to pay out his contract (if that option is even in there). Which even if that was, Man Utd only offering £2m would say Ashworth can’t afford to do that because Man Utd clearly don’t want to pay money. 

He probably won’t be because he’s likely a deluded fuck, but wonder if part of him at this point is regretting things. 

Arbitration doesn’t usually favour clubs demanding big fees with little previous evidence of big fees.  I’m willing to bet if the arbitration panel rules before any agreement we don’t get much more than we paid Brighton.  Certainly the club holding out for a ten figure sum is likely down the shitter - that strategy only works if Ashworth doesn’t take the steps he is doing now

In all honesty, Ashworth is coming across as the biggest cunt of all here

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Arbitration doesn’t usually favour clubs demanding big fees with little previous evidence of big fees.  I’m willing to bet if the arbitration panel rules before any agreement we don’t get much more than we paid Brighton.  Certainly the club holding out for a ten figure sum is likely down the shitter - that strategy only works if Ashworth doesn’t take the steps he is doing now

In all honesty, Ashworth is coming across as the biggest cunt of all here

From what I’ve read we can ignore the arbitration and let it go to court, for us I don’t think this is so much about money it’s more about the timing. 

But I know nothing about these kinds of things. 

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

The joke is on Man Utd, and that will become increasingly evident.

Genuine question, would you be calling us a joke if we had just paid £20m straight up?

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

From what I’ve read we can ignore the arbitration and let it go to court, for us I don’t think this is so much about money it’s more about the timing. 

But I know nothing about these kinds of things. 

Adjudicators don’t normally look kindly upon parties who refuse arbitration tbf - I agree the club may view delays as being of benefit to us and detrimental to Man Ure.  But the whole ‘demand £20m or tell them to get fucked’ has now gone for a Burton. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Genuine question, would you be calling us a joke if we had just paid £20m straight up?

I wouldn’t have, it would have been a signal of a new professional Manchester United, a realisation that something has changed, instead we’ve got more of the same entitled behaviour. How’s the super league coming along btw?

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Yes, of course Man Utd would have been.  The fact that the silly cunt who did nowt at Nice is now trying to rebuild Glazer FC on the cheap and thinks that administrators are the route back says it all.  Watching him crash and burn is going to be hugely satisfying. 

Adjudicators don’t normally look kindly upon parties who refuse arbitration tbf - I agree the club may view delays as being of benefit to us and detrimental to Man Ure.  But the whole ‘demand £20m or tell them to get fucked’ has now gone for a Burton. 

Yeah, but they can’t force us if I’m my understanding is correct and if it’s a matter of timing I’d imagine any legal action which followed would drag on past this summer window which seems to be one of our sources of ire. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Yeah, but they can’t force us if I’m my understanding is correct and if it’s a matter of timing I’d imagine any legal action which followed would drag on past this summer window which seems to be one of our sources of ire. 

Arbitrators can’t, courts can.  But exactly as you’ve said it would likely cause delays to get a court involved.  

This whole saga does make me wonder though, what does it say for our future? If we are supposed to be competing with them and have backers with much deeper pockets does this speak to that at all?

Notwithstanding he’s turned out to be absolute horrible appointment, he cost a fortune, was paid a fortune, achieved absolutely nothing and ran at the first opportunity. 

Arbitrators can’t, courts can.  But exactly as you’ve said it would likely cause delays to get a court involved.  

An Employment Tribunal would deal with these kinds of employment disputes rather than a Court, I’d bet it would take some time before a definitive ruling would be handed down.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

This whole saga does make me wonder though, what does it say for our future? If we are supposed to be competing with them and have backers with much deeper pockets does this speak to that at all?

Notwithstanding he’s turned out to be absolute horrible appointment, he cost a fortune, was paid a fortune, achieved absolutely nothing and ran at the first opportunity. 

It’s Man United innit! Isn’t he m8’s with Ratcliffe? He’s a job hopper too. Good riddance I say. Looking forward to the new guy. 

If you agree to go in to arbitration you also enter in to agreement that the outcome will be binding, so there won’t be court action after if one party doesn’t agree with the outcome.

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I wouldn’t have, it would have been a signal of a new professional Manchester United

By doing the same thing we've done for years and paying well over the odds? I don't think so.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

If you agree to go in to arbitration you also enter in to agreement that the outcome will be binding, so there won’t be court action after if one party doesn’t agree with the outcome.

Newcastle would be mad to agree to arbitration.

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

It’s Man United innit! Isn’t he m8’s with Ratcliffe? He’s a job hopper too. Good riddance I say. Looking forward to the new guy. 

He’s friends with Brailsford. It might be Manchester red but if our ambition is to be bigger than them it’s not a relevant point. Job hopper? Yeah maybe him leaving flys in the face of all his public statements mind. 

Anyways, I think it will be easier to make more definitive statements about the clubs ambitions once to hear more about the future of the stadium.